ooops.

Options
Okay I have a serious staring problem with buff guys at the gym I cant help it......I wanted to know do you think its weird if someone is staring at you at the gym??

Replies

• DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a serious staring problem with buff guys at the gym I cant help it......I wanted to know do you think its weird if someone is staring at you at the gym??

def not!!

although.. this real cute girl came next to me on the elipticals.. and there were 5 others open.. but she got on the 1 right next to me!! that was the hardest 60 mins ever LOL. and now.. when i see her anywhere shes always looking at me but when i look to her she turns quick and walks away..

or is it cuz im ugly?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

How would you feel if people were staring at you?
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    Options

im sure she gets ALOT of stares.. shes very very actractive!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Totally guilty as charged... but, honestly, if they catch you, give them a quick smile and then move on with what you're doing. It basically says "yea, I was looking at you, you're hot, but I'm not weird" ... gives them a little ego boost and then there's no awkward situations. I did this and had a guy come over to me after he was done and ask me if that meant he had free reign to check me out as well... fair trade I think lol
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I think most women will answer YES! It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable because I wonder what they are thinking...
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I think it is only natural. I just try not to get caught. The last thing I want is to make a woman feel uncomfortable while she is trying to work out.
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    Options
    Totally guilty as charged... but, honestly, if they catch you, give them a quick smile and then move on with what you're doing. It basically says "yea, I was looking at you, you're hot, but I'm not weird" ... gives them a little ego boost and then there's no awkward situations. I did this and had a guy come over to me after he was done and ask me if that meant he had free reign to check me out as well... fair trade I think lol

i'd totally come talk to you if i saw you in the gym! ask you to help me with my running :) (since your training for marathon)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Hey there are hot people at the gym! I check out the ladies all the time but try not to get caught!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options

I would totally take it as a complimentand it would motivate the crap out of me to work even harder! Just sayin'. :-)
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Last month a woman grabbed the treadmill in front of my elliptical machine. She was wearing tight see through workout pants. Before starting the treadmill, she started doing stretches that included bending over. Yep, she was sporting a thong. My friend and I almost tripped over our jaws.

Whenever I started to get tired, I looked up and that gave me motivation to pick up the pace. It was relatively crowded and my gym has a 30 minute limit on the equipment. If my time didn't run out, I would have kept my machine until she was done.

If that was a nightly occurrence, I wouldn't miss a workout!
  • sweetheart03622
    Options

It would motivate the f*** out of me to work even harder! Just sayin'. :-)

haha definitely motivates me to bend a little deeper in those stretches and dead lifts... I'm cool with puttin on a show :laugh:
  • sweetheart03622
    Options

i'd totally come talk to you if i saw you in the gym! ask you to help me with my running :) (since your training for marathon)

haha not sure if I'm qualified to be giving out advice yet... but I'll take it
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    Umm i really dont mind if ppl are looking kinda flattering.... :) but good now i dont feel weird lol.....i tried not to get caught but i cant help it....just muscles and tan skin ............................:heart:
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options

im sure she gets ALOT of stares.. shes very very actractive!

hahahha thank you :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Well, first I would find a mirror and check for boogers and make sure I had my shirt on right side out. Then I would defnatly do something goofy.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options

It would motivate the f*** out of me to work even harder! Just sayin'. :-)

haha definitely motivates me to bend a little deeper in those stretches and dead lifts... I'm cool with puttin on a show :laugh:

BLESS YOU, Sweatheart! I swear some of the very best workouts I have are when there are some great views to look at to temporarily distract my brain from the discomfort and sometimes boredom of my workouts....especially when I'm running on the treadmill. That's when I need it most!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am flattered when i notice a girl staring at me...but there are times when i am in my own little world with my headphones and don't notice at all. Sometimes if i have my headphones in and i'm on my last set and lifting heavy i might grunt or breathe loudly. I usually don't but sometimes it just happens especially when you have headphones in you cant really hear how loud you are. So then if i notice a girl looking i think.. oh no! was i grunting? usually i don't but there are times when it just slips because your in your in the your zone. lol
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Thats why I don't go to the gym anymore. The one near my house is filled with grand popas who have nothing better to do than stare at all of us younger girl's boobs going up and down while on the threadmill and IT REALLY CREEPS ME OUT :sick:
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure its not only the grandpas that are staring at the young girls on the treadmills... they must just have slow reaction times and get caught more often then the young guys lol
  • maddiex_x
    maddiex_x Posts: 43
    Options
    I think i have the same problem.