BORED...

Options
angwags
angwags Posts: 3
I'm super bored with my recipes, and need new, easy recipes that are low in calories and delicious! It sounds almost impossible, especially since I have to please my husband as well. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Check out Everyday Food at the grocery store, the blog and also on Facebook. :)
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    One that I like is taco pasta salad. Pretty much find a healthy pasta and make that. Then brown up some turkey, add some taco seasoning, then add some green/red/yellow peppers and onions if you'd like and put the turkey and veggies on the pasta. Add salsa and light sour cream if you'd like too. It's pretty easy, filling, and depending on your ingredients it can easily be done under 400 calories per serving. I had it for dinner last night.
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    Im making this tonight: :)

Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast

Ready In: 40 Minutes
    Servings: 4

"Cheddar cheese and sweet apple are enclosed in sauteed chicken breasts."

Ingredients:

2 skinless, boneless chicken
    breasts
    1/2 cup chopped apple
    2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar
    cheese
    1 tablespoon Italian-style dried
    bread crumbs

1 tablespoon butter
    1/4 cup dry white wine
    1/4 cup water
    1 tablespoon water
    1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh
    parsley, for garnish

Directions:
    1. Combine apple, cheese, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
    2. Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Divide apple mixture between chicken breasts, and roll up each breast. Secure with toothpicks.
    3. Melt butter or margarine in a 7 inch skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add wine and 1/4 cup water. Cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
    4. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch; stir into juices in pan. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour gravy over chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve.
    Nutrition
    Information
    Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Calories: 139

Amount Per Serving

Total Fat: 5.1g
    Cholesterol: 46mg
    Sodium: 120mg

Amount Per Serving

Total Carbs: 4.9g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
    Protein: 15g