Need Help Please

Options
So now I have been dieting 20 days. I haven't quite figured it out but I know that in due time I will figure out the best plan for me food and exercise wise. Or I will just lose weight at the pace of a snail. Well over the past weekend I invited all my friends over for a bbq, the gathering ended up turning out to be a bad situation not for me but mutual friends. But I was in the middle of a stressful situation. Now any other time I would have spent the rest of Sat. evening eating and all day Sunday but I did the exact opposite and I didn't eat anything. To put food in my mouth was actually making me sick to my stomach. Now I did drink sat night but nothing over the average. So I blew it off and didn't think much more about it. Well yesterday I had another bad day and again instead of me eating dinner I took a couple of bites and felt sick to my stomach again. My question is (is that normal)? .....I am an emotional eater but now it seems when I try to eat when I am upset it just makes me sick. I am not sure if I am losing because of that but I am just not feeling myself. My heart has been racing and I feel like I am having anxiety attacks left and right…is that because I am not eating… I just don’t know… Any suggestion?

Replies

• smylex
    smylex Posts: 14
    Options
    Something to think about is what have you been eating? I notice that you said that you were at a barbecue - how much protein were you consuming? Also, over those two days, how much were you drinking? Also, why are you feeling stressed?

Too much protein and inadequate hydration (water) can lead to tachardia (accelerated heart rate). This situation actually put me in the emergency room a couple of weeks ago because my heart was beating 100 beats per minute.

The best thing to do would be to contact your physician and discuss with them what's going on.
  • Hollymcbrayer
    Hollymcbrayer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't think what you are experiencing is uncommon. It's sounds to me like you are under a high amount of stress. When you get stressed out, your body responds to it in different ways. Sometimes stress can slow down or even stop the digestion process. This may be why you feel sick to your stomach when you eat. The anxiety attacks are the product of extreme stress as well. My advice would be to find healthy ways of coping with your stress. (i.e. breathing exercises, meditation/prayer, listening to soothing music, talking to a friend) I think that will sort it out. If you are still feeling uncomfortable and can't eat or have persistent anxiety attacks, you should go see a doctor. I hope that helps!
  • tlkoehl
    tlkoehl Posts: 27
    Options
    It sounds like you might want to see a doctor just to be safe. I guess if you look at the positive side of the fact that you are not doing stressful eating but unfortunately your body is going the other direction. It sounds like you are over stressed from a situation and maybe you need to remove yourself from it. BUT I do think you should get a physical just be safe that there is nothing more serious.:ohwell: I hope you find this helpful:happy:
  • tiffanygarrett
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions....I just didn't want to worry to much about it if its just because I have been changing my eating habits. I just didn't know if not eating would trigger you to actually have an anxiety attack.... Smylex glad you are ok....I don't normally have anxiety attacks and I am always stressed I have 2 full time jobs and three kids, and a partner so stress is my everyday life.... lol