????

krg7
krg7 Posts: 15
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anybody drink slimfast 321 shakes or special k protein bars? R they good for weight loss???

Replies

• RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    they are pumped full of perservatives and sugar. They are all gimmick and horrible for your health
  • special k bars are a fairly good on the go snack....but stick to real food, healthy food, and the weight will come off and stay off much easier!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    I tried to do the SlimFast program once - about 6 months ago. I was never so constipated in all my life. I don't know what's in those shakes, but they are pure, liquid evil.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    If you want to try the shake approach to weight loss try protein shakes as meal/snack replacements to control your caloric intake. Slimfast & special K shakes really arent worth the price, for what youre going to pay to use those for a month you can get enough of a GOOD protein powder to last 3, and the protein shakes have alot more vitamins and nutrients.

(also have heard alot about diarrhea on slimfast... ick)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    I started using them for a couple weeks, until I really started thinking about the ingredients in them. I realized for the same amount of calories, I could have a healthy snack that would keep me full and not have all the sugar and additives. I would only recommend them if you need something quick to munch on every once in a while, but not for everyday use.
This discussion has been closed.