Diet Pills...maybe 0_o?

Options
Hi Guys,

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I'm really considering trying out a diet pill. What are your takes on this? Do they work or don't work? Is it worth it in the end or should I just keep working hard in the gym and eating right? I've been stuck at this weight for 3 weeks now. I've lost 10+ lbs before I started recording on MPF but I don't know exactly how much. I'm just discouraged.

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Oh dear hunny get ready for the Pill takers Vs the non pill takers.

Being a pill taker myself here is the bottom line:

USE THE PILLS AS AN AIDE NOT A MIRACLE CURE! If you use them to help control your appetite while learning to eat healthier and less, good! If you use them because you can eat crap just less of it and still loose weight, BAD.

If you want more details please feel free to send me a message.

Also think about making your food diary public, or atleast viewable by friends, usually a few simple food changes help alot too
  • healthybones
    healthybones Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The pills DO work. They can just be very dangerous, though.
    I've used OxyElite Pro in the past & lost a lot of weight & my ob-gyn prescribed me phentermine to jump start my weight loss. My appetite was suppressed & if I ate too much, I became nauseous. However, I do not recommend pills for everyone. They can be very dangerous and I experienced a significant increase in my blood pressure. You will definitely see results. It makes losing weight easier, but is it worth it? I don't know. It depends on how "healthy" you are or how big of a risk you're willing to take. If you already have high bp, heart issues, etc you shouldn't take them. I loved the weight loss I've experienced from the pills, but I cannot ever see myself taking them again. Like my mom has said to me in the past, "There's no use in being skinny in coffin".
  • healthybones
    healthybones Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try either increasing your deficient by eating less or working out more to see if that helps.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I'm really considering trying out a diet pill. What are your takes on this? Do they work or don't work? Is it worth it in the end or should I just keep working hard in the gym and eating right? I've been stuck at this weight for 3 weeks now. I've lost 10+ lbs before I started recording on MPF but I don't know exactly how much. I'm just discouraged.

I noticed that your Quote is "Making A LIFETIME Change For The Better." Is that the way to do it...for the Better? What seems to be the problem. Are you too hungry; don't want to give up certain foods...

Frankly, I lost 75 lbs. before coming to MFP. When I got here my progress stopped because I started to Listen to all the STUFF about "Dieting" people were writing, and I fell for the SYSTEM here setting My Goals for Me. NOW I have started to lose again because I FOLLOW ME! DO what worked for YOU! If you can't stick with a Plan it Can't work...DO what you know works!

FORGET all that Deficit, Starvation Mode, Exercise Calories, Gotta eat 3 Meals a Day, Gotta eat 5 small meals, gotta drink 8 cups of water, breakfast is the most important meal... Crap! DO what you know works!

The TRUE Experts Do NOT know what REALLY works, if they did America would NOT be in Obesity Crisis, so you know folks here don't. They THINK what works for them will work for YOU, and that just ain't so.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i dunno. i think if you can lose weight without diet pills to stay away from them. you should try cutting back on calories and/or working out harder at the gym or going for longer runs (or whatever it is you do for exercise). some diet pills work just by suppressing your hunger, but if you can do that instead by eating high fiber and high water content foods, why bother with the pills? others work to increase your metabolism, but if you can do that by using HIIT (high intensity interval training) or just increasing the time you spend in aerobics exercise then why bother with those pills?
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I noticed that your Quote is "Making A LIFETIME Change For The Better." Is that the way to do it...for the Better? What seems to be the problem. Are you too hungry; don't want to give up certain foods...

Frankly, I lost 75 lbs. before coming to MFP. When I got here my progress stopped because I started to Listen to all the STUFF about "Dieting" people were writing, and I fell for the SYSTEM here setting My Goals for Me. NOW I have started to lose again because I FOLLOW ME! DO what worked for YOU! If you can't stick with a Plan it Can't work...DO what you know works!

FORGET all that Deficit, Starvation Mode, Exercise Calories, Gotta eat 3 Meals a Day, Gotta eat 5 small meals, gotta drink 8 cups of water, breakfast is the most important meal... Crap! DO what you know works!

The TRUE Experts Do NOT know what REALLY works, if they did America would NOT be in Obesity Crisis, so you know folks here don't. They THINK what works for them will work for YOU, and that just ain't so.

I have to respectfully disagree. The experts know what works. Eat less move more. America is overweight because wed rather take a pill to fix our laziness and lack of motivation to get us there. But I do agree you have to find "your thing". Maybe is not the gym but martial arts? Or dancing? Or sports? Maybe your calorie deficit isn't large enough or maybe its under estimated?
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    If you'd like to make your diary public I'm sure you could get a few suggestions dont give up hun! ive been at a standstill for alot longer than 3 weeks and i know how frustrating it can be keep your focus!!