Women can learn from the guys' workouts...

Options
Here's a great article! Read on for some great tips from the guys!! http://www.thatsfit.com/2011/04/19/8-fitness-secrets-to-steal-from-the-boys/

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Is it just me... or does the model in the photo of this article look as though her arm has been horribly photo-shopped? Yikes! Great article, though :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Is it just me... or does the model in the photo of this article look as though her arm has been horribly photo-shopped? Yikes! Great article, though :)

Whoa! Yeah. That looks really strange!
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I'm with you on both of those...and I log my runs etc, but after reading that article I'm wondering if I can figure out a way to log how many reps of each exercise in Jillian Michael's Ripped DVD I do each day...?? lol That way I can make sure to do at least one more of each every time.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options

She does look deformed.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Thing is, none of the men I know work out like that. They all seem pretty half hearted about fitness, and obsess about one sport (my husband's is cycling). Also, they all worry about weight. It's such a myth that only women want to be thin. And I don't know any men in real life who lift weights. They all do cardio only. Cycling, or running or football or skiing. The only time my husband has done weights was when rowing training, when us girls all did too.
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options
    Thing is, none of the men I know work out like that. They all seem pretty half hearted about fitness, and obsess about one sport (my husband's is cycling). Also, they all worry about weight. It's such a myth that only women want to be thin. And I don't know any men in real life who lift weights. They all do cardio only. Cycling, or running or football or skiing. The only time my husband has done weights was when rowing training, when us girls all did too.

Really? That's odd... all the men I work with are in the gym on a regular basis lifting weights (some of them even do kettle bell workouts and heavy rope workouts)... all of my guy friends and brothers are pretty committed to a balanced cardio/weight lifting workout too!
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    I have been a weight lifter for the better part of my adult life. It is definitely the best way to base everything you do in your weight loss journey. I actually do ZERO cardio and just focus on working intensely at the gym. I have lost 25lbs. in a few months by only cutting calories a little and that's it.
    Problem with just cardio is muscle loss. The more you lose the slower your metabolism. It is absolutely imperative your workout is based on weight training...with some SUPPLEMENTAL cardio. But not too much cardio.
    Once you go nuts with cardio and a calorie deficit, bad things happen.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

Can you expand?
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options

Can you expand?

Your body starts eating your muscle! Among other things... http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html