Isaac Hayes

Options
Am I the only one thats heard of this just now?:cry:

Singer, songwriter Isaac Hayes dies at age 65
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Isaac Hayes, the pioneering singer, songwriter and musician whose relentless "Theme From Shaft" won Academy and Grammy awards, has been found dead at home. He was 65.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office says a family member found Hayes unresponsive near a treadmill on Sunday. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. The cause of death was not immediately known.

In the early 1970s, Hayes laid the groundwork for disco, for what became known as urban-contemporary music and for romantic crooners like Barry White. And he was rapping before there was rap.

His career hit another high in 1997 when he became the voice of Chef, the sensible school cook and devoted ladies man on the animated TV show "South Park."

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one thats heard of this just now?:cry:

Singer, songwriter Isaac Hayes dies at age 65
    MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Isaac Hayes, the pioneering singer, songwriter and musician whose relentless "Theme From Shaft" won Academy and Grammy awards, has been found dead at home. He was 65.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office says a family member found Hayes unresponsive near a treadmill on Sunday. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. The cause of death was not immediately known.

In the early 1970s, Hayes laid the groundwork for disco, for what became known as urban-contemporary music and for romantic crooners like Barry White. And he was rapping before there was rap.

His career hit another high in 1997 when he became the voice of Chef, the sensible school cook and devoted ladies man on the animated TV show "South Park."
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    AWWW CRAP. :sad:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just read that too! :brokenheart: :sad:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Wow! 2 great talents in 2 days! :brokenheart: :cry:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?!
    This is gettin ridiculous. I mean I understand people have to go at sometime, but these people are WAY to young to be goin anywhere! :cry:
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    So sad:brokenheart: no one else with that unmistakable voice :cry:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That's so sad!! What is going on????? Man!!!
  • Laine
    Laine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So sad--what a loss!:cry:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    ever notice that it is usually in 3's
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

:sad: HIDE BILLY DEE!!! HIDE!!!! :sad:

billyDeeWilliams.jpg
  • CrystalBella
    Options

:sad: HIDE BILLY DEE!!! HIDE!!!! :sad:

billyDeeWilliams.jpg

okay i'm not tryin to laugh, but that did lighten the mood.. lol
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i couldn't help but chuckle at that- we can't lose Lando as well
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    .............shut your mouth!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

wow!!! I am a fan and I didn't hear this...omg...Billy Dee you can hide in the pit!!!!:wink::bigsmile: You can bunk w/ J and James....and their BLUE TIES....ahem...:ohwell: .

Okay that was wrong...I am sad....bad Jeremy enticing me like that!:angry: ....lol

rest in peace Chef....I dug ya waaaay before that dude!!....cuz you're ONE BAAAAAD MOTHAAA.....!:glasses:
    hugs!:brokenheart:
    Ali
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    How weird is it that Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes did a movie together that is released sometime this yr. I think I heard Nov or Oct... It's called Soul Men, you can look it up on wikipedia but that's CRAZY!