Titanic Exhibition!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
We went up to Hartford today and toured the Titanic Exhibition at the civic center. It was REALLY interesting to see all the artifacts they had! And the way they had it set up was cool! You walk through corridors that look like a first class hallway and then a 3rd class hallway. They have music of the period playing. You can even touch a freshwater iceberg! And when you go in, they give you a "White Star Line" boarding pass and at the end of the exhibition, there are the names of all the people who lived and died and you look at the name on the boarding pass given you to see how you fared! I was a first class passenger and lived and Pete was a 2nd class passenger and didn't make it. I told him that since I was first class and he was 2nd class, I wouldn't have associated with him anyway! :laugh:

Ok, maybe this isn't something to laugh about or say is cool, but the exhibition IS great! It's a touring thing and is here until the end of September. You should see if it's coming near you!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    We went up to Hartford today and toured the Titanic Exhibition at the civic center. It was REALLY interesting to see all the artifacts they had! And the way they had it set up was cool! You walk through corridors that look like a first class hallway and then a 3rd class hallway. They have music of the period playing. You can even touch a freshwater iceberg! And when you go in, they give you a "White Star Line" boarding pass and at the end of the exhibition, there are the names of all the people who lived and died and you look at the name on the boarding pass given you to see how you fared! I was a first class passenger and lived and Pete was a 2nd class passenger and didn't make it. I told him that since I was first class and he was 2nd class, I wouldn't have associated with him anyway! :laugh:

Ok, maybe this isn't something to laugh about or say is cool, but the exhibition IS great! It's a touring thing and is here until the end of September. You should see if it's coming near you!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    OH that sounds like fun! I have always been interested in the Titanic as my birthday is April 14th...the day it sunk. Do you know if that is a traveling exhibit or just something local?

Ali
  • TamTastic
    Options
    It is traveling....here is the link:

http://www.titanictix.com/
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    civic center??... where?
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I saw it at the Tropicana in Las Vegas - very cool! My brother, his girlfriend and I went - I was the only survivor!

At the beginning, they asked to take our picture, but we figured we'd be superimposed in front of the ship and it wouldn't be right to smile, so the 3 of us frowned and looked pathetic for the photo. Sure enough, at the end of the tour, they asked if we wanted the picture and we were almost asked to leave we were laughing so hard!

I know... not something to laugh about................:embarassed:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

I'm going to assume that is Hartford, CT? How far away is that from Stamford, CT would you say, 2 hrs? I would absolutely love to see that! I will be in CT in Sept. I always have had a fascination with the Titanic....more with the actual ship than the movie :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    Options

I'm going to assume that is Hartford, CT? How far away is that from Stamford, CT would you say, 2 hrs? I would absolutely love to see that! I will be in CT in Sept. I always have had a fascination with the Titanic....more with the actual ship than the movie :tongue:

Hey, it wouldn't be far at all from Stamford. I only live about 20 minutes from Stamford myself and we were up there in about 45 minutes. But, for you, it would be a little over an hour, without traffic to Hartford. Just take 95 north to 91 North (You hit that around New Haven) and take exit 29A and head to the XL Center in Hartford. It is closed on Monday and Tuesday. It's $22 for adults but since we had a Big Y card, we got $5 off each ticket.

I have always been fascinted too! I was amazed at the paper products that actually survived! And a man was bringing perfumes to the states to sell and you can actully put your nose up to the case and smell them still. Absolutely amazing!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    That's pretty sweet. I know 95, pretty crazy road. Maybe whenever I can visit CT when I have more free time instead of being in a wedding or going to one. We are leaving CT Wednesday and we are going to NY probably Monday...although, there is Sunday!... but I am not sure where we are doing that day, something about a Faire? But maybe I can talk them into going to that, although $22 is not cheap! haha

Thanks gal! :flowerforyou: