Five foods you should never eat....

Options

Replies

• 917sacha
    917sacha Posts: 2
    Options
    I read once that canned tomatoes are one of the worst foods because of the way the acidity of the tomatoes mixes with the metals. Don't ask me to quote where I read it but this site says it too http://www.drmercola.biz/uncategorized/10-worst-foods-to-avoid-this-new-year/. I haven't been able to buy them since. But that said, I haven't read any hard evidence on it, so
    who the heck knows anymore.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Krispy Kreme Burgers are on there. I wonder what the (lack of) nutritional value is on one of those suckers...
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Krispy Kreme Burgers are on there. I wonder what the (lack of) nutritional value is on one of those suckers...

I won't lie, my boyfriend and I made these once. They aren't all their cracked up to be.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have a trim tummy on most days and I never eat:

1. waste of any kind
    2. things that taste nasty to me
    3. things I'm violently allergic to...

I'm fresh out. But I have seen that commercial and it makes me crave bananas as well...bananas with chocolate :tongue:

Actually the best is a kind of bananas foster - sautee banana slices in a tsp butter and 1/4c rum cream, add a little salt, cocoa powder, and brown sugar/splenda to taste -Yum and still pretty low calorie:wink:
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Fried coke from the state fair as well. BLEH!

It's a good thing the fair only happens once a year. Actually, I have never indulged in crazy fair food (corn dogs and funnel cakes are as crazy as I have ever gotten) but I imagine eating fried butter would either make me sick or turn me into an addict.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Exercise calories. (it's a JOKE - eat them or don't, I don't care. :-D )
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I read the word "fried coke" and "krispy kreme burger"
    Please tell me you are joking... Or if not, tell me how this can be so???
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yellow snow is my guess. I almost never eat it. LOL
    Good to know :laugh:
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    Just be careful if you DO click on one of those ads, some of those ads can load malware on to your computer (I work in Information Technology).
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would not click on those, however, I would go with

1.) Lard
    and
    2.) Bacon Grease
    and
    3.) Butter with a spoon
    ... just for starters.

Who's got more?? Lol.

I disagree! Bacon grease is great for cooking eggs with and wonderful for making bisquits. (Best thing ever for seasoning a cast iron pan and makes everything you cook with the pan taste lovely.) Just use it as a grease (and not a main ingredient!) and life is dandy.

Also I never see those ads. I never see ads period! I use adblock plus along with a hosts file and 99% of them are gone! (BTW hosts files are good for blocking ads as well as malicious pages. Both can contain viruses.)

Adblock plus for firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
    How to use a hosts file to block unwanted parasites*: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

*If anyone actually uses a Hosts file send me a message. I have a link you can add to the file to block. I won't post it here since it's a page that tried to infect my computer with a virus and I don't want anyone accidentally clicking it. (I run a linux computer. The virus did nothing to it but it was funny to watch it try until I found the link to it and blocked it.)
  • OneHotDiehl
    Options
    @cng1117 I just wanted to say love your signature! Your rewards are good motivation!
  • elyssiam
    elyssiam Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    High fructose corn syrup!!! Stay away from that crap - your body doesn't really know how to process it.

Everything else use common sense. Some people had some great comments! (Human waste?! OMG!!!)

As far as fair foods go, Deep Fried Oreos are amazing, but not as high in calories as you'd think (80). Still, I'd limit it to just one, and savor it.

:)
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    3.) Butter with a spoon

Hahaha You had me ROLLING with that one! :D
  • Smurfette64
    Options
    I LOVE bananas too - unfortunately they are way too expensive over here at the moment ($13 kg) since all the crops were wiped out by the cyclone a couple of months ago BUMMER
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    SueMar74 I LOVE your ticker....how great is that! Where did you find it?
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yellow snow is my guess. I almost never eat it. LOL
    "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow'...RIP Frank Zappa :-)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Mayo or Shortening out of the jar.
    Shrimp at room temp for 3 days
    Hippopotamus *kitten* on a stick from roadside stands in Rwanda
    The top layer of grease from a pot of menudo
    Chocolate covered lightbulbs.

There's 5 right off the top of my head

Ted
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Fried coke from the state fair as well. BLEH!

It's a good thing the fair only happens once a year. Actually, I have never indulged in crazy fair food (corn dogs and funnel cakes are as crazy as I have ever gotten) but I imagine eating fried butter would either make me sick or turn me into an addict.

I didn't believe fried Coke existed (how? why?), but it does! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_Coke

Now it all makes sense.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    No more butter with a spoon :sad: LOL!

I would say french fries - has anybody else seen the warnings on McDonald's nutrition charts that say fried potatoes have some sort of carcenagenic (sp?) chemical??? how weird is that?

The fried batter droppings that come as a garnish at long john silver's. Fried coke from the state fair as well. BLEH!

What is fried coke? I have not heard of that one before.
    Adding to the list- deep fried twinkie s, oreo's etc.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No more butter with a spoon :sad: LOL!

I would say french fries - has anybody else seen the warnings on McDonald's nutrition charts that say fried potatoes have some sort of carcenagenic (sp?) chemical??? how weird is that?

The fried batter droppings that come as a garnish at long john silver's. Fried coke from the state fair as well. BLEH!

How on earth do you fry coke??????