OT- Football widows?

Options
My husband is a high school football coach...which most days I LOVE. I love the going to the games, hearing about practice, watching my 5 and 6 year olds be so proud of their dad on game nights. BUT...you have to be able to be understanding of the hours involved and the dedication that he needs to give. Most days I am very understanding....some days, not so much.

Any other football widows out there??

Ali

Replies

• alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    My husband is a high school football coach...which most days I LOVE. I love the going to the games, hearing about practice, watching my 5 and 6 year olds be so proud of their dad on game nights. BUT...you have to be able to be understanding of the hours involved and the dedication that he needs to give. Most days I am very understanding....some days, not so much.

Any other football widows out there??

Ali
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Awe.. I'm sorry to hear that. My ex didn't like that I was into watchin football. I don't watch as much college as I used to, but I watch EVERY NFL game that comes on. I can't get enough of it. I love this time of the year. I do know what my ex used to tell me I acted like, so I can imagine what you're going through.. Good Luck!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    YES! My husband is a HUGE, CRAZY Washington Redskins fan!

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand loving your team and understand him watching every week....but it's how he rationalizes things with "Well, it's the Redskins".....

This can be if he is home all day with JT while I am working (like yesterday) and the house was a complete mess when I got home (when it wasn't when I left yesterday morning).....and I said "Why is it so messy?" and HE replies with "Well, I was searching online for a feed of the Redskins game".....and he honestly believes that makes everything ok and I am just supposed to understand. LOL! GRRRR!!!

SIGH! Whatever...I don't MIND football, I just don't like how he convinces himself that it's ok to leave the house messy all day because of his team. You know???
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Football and baseball widow here...

But my husband is a musician - and I always joke that the drums are his 1st wife. His days are spent teaching, his evenings spent practicing, and nights spent playing gigs. *sigh*