Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Enough?

I run 3 times a week (at about a 12 minute mile pace anywhere from 2-6 miles). Two days a week I am meeting with a personal trainer for a half hour. Do you think this is enough or should I add another day of exercise?

Replies

• ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Well it sounds good but it is completely relative to the results you are wanting to achieve. If you just started..its a great place...If you've been at it awhile and your results aren't changing ...you will want to add time or intensity or another day(just be sure to give yourself a day of rest on occasion!
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    I run 3 times a week (at about a 12 minute mile pace anywhere from 2-6 miles). Two days a week I am meeting with a personal trainer for a half hour. Do you think this is enough or should I add another day of exercise?
    What are you trying to achieve in the first place? Difficult to say if it's enough without knowing.

Also the days you run - are these the same days you see the personal trainer?

If you are seeing a personal trainer, my best suggestion would be to ask them, as he/she will understand what you want to achieve and can offer guidance or create a plan for you to work on..
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Doctors recommend at least 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week, but if you're doing running 3x a week for longer than 40 minutes you're probably doing a pretty decent pace.

Not a bad start!

I'd ask the personal trainer what he/she thinks you are ready to handle.