Trampoline Fun

Options
Fenyx
Fenyx Posts: 87 Member
Lately I have been playing with my sisters kids on the trampoline. Today I burned 227 calories in 20-something minutes. This is simply jumping up and down and moving while doing some stretches in the jumps. It doesn't take a lot of exertion before the body works hard and I'm finding it to be a great cardio workout. I also found a website with some information on "tricks" you can use on a trampoline to maximize your workout. (http://ezinearticles.com/?Trampoline-Weight-Loss&id=1300948). To calculate my calories burned I use a New Balance N4 HRM. So far it is the best I've found. Its simple to set up and easy as pie to use with the chest strap (I prefer this over the touch HRM as it's more accurate and less of a bother). So, with this awesome finding I figured I would put the word out to others who have, or have access to, a trampoline. I highly recommend it. The only thing I would warn about is stretching before hand to help prevent any injury and to watch how you bounce so you don't twist a knee or ankle. So with that, strap on your HRM and if you can get to one, get out there and bounce the fat away while having some fun!