Low carb snack ideas?

Options
I'm not completely going crazy with this low carb thing, just trying to better watch it thats all, and seeing where i can make some cuts and adjustments.
Any suggestions on low carb snacks? I like rice cakes, but i can see me getting tired of them eventually.

Replies

• stacianne93
    stacianne93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Atkins shakes and bars are great.
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I eat macadamia nuts, almonds, any kind of nuts. 2 rice cakes have more carbs that I eat in a whole day usually.
  • kimif1
    kimif1 Posts: 9
    Options
    I was told that you are better off eating a piece of beef jerkey or fruit and veggies the to eat rice cakes
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    I was told that you are better off eating a piece of beef jerkey or fruit and veggies the to eat rice cakes

any explanation as to why? just curious
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Baked Rutabaga Fries - OH MY GAWD they are a-ma-zing.

90 Calories for a 250 gram portion. No fat/oil used, just plain ol' cut up rutabaga seasoned with seasonings of your choice at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    grapes, carrots and hummus, trail mix, scrambled egg beaters
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes are made from bleached white rice, no real nutritional value.

More "whole" foods have more nutrition. Protein, complex carbs, vitamins, etc.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    raw almonds, sunflower seeds, spray whipping cream.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Veggies with oil and vinegar or Egg white omlet with veggies. I love Popcorn air popped or jollytime has a weight watchers approved healthy pop. Wheatables with cheddar cheese. Salsa or humus with baked pita chips. Honey gram cracker with Natural Peanut butter or Smuckers low sugar jelly
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just watch portions and don't go over your daily numbers.