dont read if easily disgusted.. just sayin...

mishelnkiki
mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
ok i have a SERIOUS question. and ive been debating ALL day on asking it but who better to ask then the ppl who are going thru the same food changes as i am... ok here goes...

back when i was eating anything and everything, i had NO problem going ummm... #2 to put it lightly. now that i eat mainly fresh foods... i NEVER go anymore. and the only time i do go, is RIGHT after i get done at the gym. and i mean, its one of those that i gotta run or else kinda things. then... thats it. for the whole entire day. has anyone else noticed a change in their bathroom cycles since changing their diets?? i know im probably sick for asking that, but im seriously curious as to wether its just me or not... thanks :)

Replies

• Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    ur not the only one sister...i normally dont even make it thru my workout!!!
  • Honey mine went the other way. All day no solid evidence and very explose painful cramps. I went to cooked veggies and lowered my fiber a bit. ..of course now that I have done that I am eating much worse. Just got discouraged but not because of the foods. Good luck figuring out what is happening. Hang in there.
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Great topic... But I bet it's one that people are thinking about..

The only thing I would say is maybe there isn't enough fibre or roughage in your diet.. I noticed it and started to take Metamucil as an added fibre intake.. Someone did recommend to not pay the Metamucil prices and look for psyllium husk powder instead..

If you take this as directed (normally 2-3times a day), plus the water intake - you should go back to.. erm.. being regular..
  • yes, i have noticed the same thing.....the healthier i eat, the less i go #2.....used to go everyday, now it is down to about once per week....i am also working out so i figure that my body is actually USING what i eat instead of just getting rid of it.....so you are not alone...hope this makes you feel better, GOOD LUCK!!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Not really. I think it might be because you were so used to eating "junk" to put it mildly that your body is adjusting. If it's lasted a while and becoming a problem to you I would suggest getting in touch with your doctor.
  • strongwoman84
    strongwoman84 Posts: 71 Member
    Your body definitely reacts differently depending on what you put in it. Especially if you are eating a lot of high fiber items like vegetables and whole grains. And you probably aren't going as much because you aren't putting as much in. Your body eventually gets used to your new diet and will regulate itself. Been there done that.
  • maybe up your water intake? a strong cup of coffee works too! :)
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    I had the exact same problem last week when I started my diet. But it's gotten a LOT better since I increased my water intake. I'd suggest getting in your 8 glasses a day if you aren't already and making sure you're getting enough fiber.
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG YES!

It will fix itself as your body gets used to it but it takes a while. I had this discussion with my Dr, and it was horribly embarrassing!:blushing:

Give it a month or two and if things don't get better than see your dr. Also, make sure you are eating a balanced diet (enough fiber, protein, etc)

Good luck! :laugh:
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Actually, a lot of people ask about this. It takes your body a while to adjust. Make sure you drink a lot of water and if things don't even out in 2 or 3 weeks, you should probably see your doctor. For now, no worries.
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Try more fiber. I'm eating a lot less (calories wise) but going a lot more! I've been eating very high fiber cereal most mornings.
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    I drink lots of water and increased my fiber and like clockwork every morning with my morning coffee
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Happens to the best of us!! I increased my water and my fiber, that seemed to help. Hang in there!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    THANKS EVERYONE! i was sooo embarrassed to ask this. lol. i feel MUCH better now!
  • thisbitch
    thisbitch Posts: 26
    I actually go more often now which I thought was standard with an improved diet.
    As for going after the gym, I've heard working out improves/speeds up your digestion... so that could be why.
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    OH yes - had the very same problem. My husband too. But he joked that it's because we hardly eat anything there isn't anything to come out. :tongue:
  • Increase your fiber. Since constipation is usually a result of long-term dietary issues, first make sure you're enjoying a high-fiber diet, heavy on a variety of fruits and vegetables. High proportions of breads, potatoes, greasy foods, and meats can encourage constipation. When you feel that way treat vegetables as an entrée instead of a side-dish.Cabbage is particularly good because it's not only high in fiber but it has enzymes which encourage the entire digestive tract to "flush." This is also a good liver cleanse for a build-up of liver toxins. Cabbage can be prepared in a number of ways, including skillet frying if the oil used is grape-seed oil or olive oil. Spices can be used, to taste.

Constipation can also be caused by insufficient hydration. try to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces a day. Exercise helps speed up digestion, so it probably just makes all those days worth come out at once!

Try the banana cure for mild occasional constipation. This requires that you eat a banana with a glass of warm milk, chewing the banana carefully.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Nope. Didn't disgust me. You'll have to try way harder.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    I'm experiencing the same thing.
    What helps me is a little laxative in my post-workout recovery drink AND every three weeks I'll drink a cleansing tea. Also, like right after my morning coffee I'll have to go. Other than that LOTS of water usually help out.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Thank God someone else said it! I was wondering if I was the only one this happens to!
  • zenchik115
    zenchik115 Posts: 19 Member
    When you work out that increases your blood flow throughout your body...that extra boost of blood is probably what is speeding up your digestion. Your digestive track needs blood to function properly. Lots of people mentioned fiber and water intake..those things will help. If you "play" with when you ingest the most fiber you might be able to adjust the timing so its more "convenient" for you :)
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Same problem here and with the veggies I eat.......gas issues. Luckily my body must care enough not to humiliate me, because it only seems to happen at home...lol. It's totally normal..I go days now without going.........never thought I'd worry so much about being "regular!" lolol
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Yup, thanks for bringing this up because I was wondering the same thing! Glad to hear it mostly goes back to normal :) Stay Healthy!
This discussion has been closed.