What time do you work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I usually work out around 11pm if not later, eat after working out at around 12-1am, and continue to see the scale drop! Don't believe that myth at all!
  • ericaolsen
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's probably best to work out at night because by then you'll be finished eating and you'll burn off the calories you've consumed throughout the day.

My gym time fluctuates, but I've never been to the gym past 6.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Welll... I work second shift and I go to the gym after work (so I usually go between 11pm-midnight) and you know what? I've lost 52lbs, so I'm pretty sure she isn't correct. I'm not a morning person, so getting up early to go is out of the question. I usually have other stuff going on before work and just don't have the time to dedicate to going prior to working. So, after work it is. Plus, it isn't nearly as busy late at night.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I usually work out around 9 or 10 at night:) it works for me since I'm usually awake until 2 am anyways:)
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I too work out starting around 9pm and there are still a few people around too when my gym closes at 11pm. I don't know who was being rude or ignorant, but know that the time really doesn't matter...as long as you do it and stick with it.
  • lisa01mb
    lisa01mb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I always work out at about 8pm at night ( once the kids are in bed ). Do it when you can because its better than not doing anything. It works for me!!!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I workout whenever i have the time day or night and i'm losing weight.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mon - Fri I work out at 6am and one night a week Ill go for a swim at 7pm.
    I wouldnt believe the person who told you that you will gain weight by exercising at night, sounds like sour grapes to me.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Any time you can fit it in is good. During the week, I get most of my exercise cycling to and from work, but also walk up a nearby hill at lunchtime when I can fit it in. On weekends lately, I often spend much of the day walking or cycling.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    early evening 4-5 and i think it works well lost 15lbs
  • Hmf414
    Hmf414 Posts: 30
    Options
    You all really just made my day. I'm so relieved to see so many people work out at night.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I walk at lunch, three days a week.
    I workout at home, 5-6 days per week, after dinner.

*points at sig* Losing weight.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I have to work out at night time now, & I was rudely told that basically working out at night is pointless because you will gain weight.

I work nights, so I work out at night. It's usually towards the middle to end of my "day"....around 1am or 4am. I have also tried working out after my shift, which is around 7am. I go to bed shortly after. No, it did not cause me to gain weight. Good luck!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I do cardio and play racquetball in the mornings, and I do strength (body-weight exercises) in the evenings. The morning cardio has helped me lose about 60 lbs, pretty consistently, over about 6 or 7 months.

I just started the evening exercises, and I have been gaining a little weight since then - not much - 3 or 4 lbs. I hope it's muscle mass, but I don't see it in the mirror yet.

BTW, the evening exercises are with a very simple android app called "multi-rep" which I like very much.