Have you ever taken a break

Options
So since January. I've managed to loose about 12 lbs. From going from 175.4 - 164.5. I feel a bit complacent. I've been doing the Turbo Fire challenge and at week 13. Exercise has been going past 55 minutes plus. I become tired with all the weighing and setting time to exercise and measuring food.

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Yes I took one and gained 17 of the 22 pounds I lost
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I've just had 12 days off and feel much better for it. I think sometimes your body needs a break, as long as you don't go nuts and eat cheeseburgers all day.
  • tlwatson
    tlwatson Posts: 9
    Options
    The body does need a break. But i was thinking a day or two....Work out 5-6 days a week
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You may be burning out...

Remember the exercise and change in food shouldn't just be a "diet" but a change in your lifestyle and I don't think its easy to take a break from life.... if only...lol :)

Maybe change it up... just go for walks and do less weights... find foods that you don't necessarily have to weigh all the time to eat...don't take a break but take it easy. Change it up to make it more interesting...

This isn't supposed to be a task you finish but a change in the way you live your life and how you feel :).
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Healthy is a lifestyle...keep it up!!!! Once you stop weighing and measuring your food, it's remarkable how fast you can forget what a real "portion" is!
  • WendyMargot
    Options
    Maybe switch up your routine if you're getting bored or burned out. Do some physical activities with friends or family that are also fun. I personally like tennis and soccer, but even taking a walk, going to the beach or the park can be good exercise. Or even those video games that get you moving. My husband and I like to play Wii Sports together when we don't really feel like working out. It's better than nothing.

Good luck and don't push yourself so hard that you fall off the wagon entirely!