The New... Peace & Salutations

JP_Abstract
JP_Abstract Posts: 14
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Greetings... so umm... I was guided to introduce myself, so here I am!

I was once a complete hater of counting calories and just thought it went to far cause you should be allowed to enjoy your meals without thought, but yeah, now I'm taking all of the bad mouthing back.

Since Feb '11 I jumped on a new routine and even though I was doing good foodwise, I got even better and started to shed.

I started counting calories a few weeks ago and was amazed on what I wasn't touching anymore and with my new routine I hope to reach my goals and get used to a lot of things before my vaca in Cali... plus that its summer time & so fourth.

Here are some key things that took me on the proper path.
1. Working out in the morning... since it burns fat directly.
2. Grounded Flaxseed... I swear I feel the fat melting plus it curbs the appetite. Great in yogurt or shakes.
3. Calorie counting... Can't look at food the same way
4. Multi-Vitamins... since I'm picky with food, this helps make up for the loss in vitamins.

So I hope to exchange tips with yall soon... peace

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    I thought the same thing about counting calories just a couple years ago, but boy has that changed now!

Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss journey. Be sure to add lots of friends for motivation and support!
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Hi and welcome to MFP. I hope you have great luck with your journey....

I would like to tell you to be careful with the flaxseed. It is definitely a good thing, but I was using 2 tblsps a day in yogurt and it started to tear my stomach up. I had to quit using it for a few days and when I start back up I will only use 1 tblsp every other day. It doesn't affect everyone that way and if you aren't having any issues...great. I just like to tell people so they can possibly avoid horrible stomach cramps!

Good luck with everything!
  • Much thanks

@ Angela... I'll start adding soon for sure

@ VanFox... what's interesting is that my female friend just told me about that today. I've been using it for more than a month and never had problems yet (Knock on wood) and it does great when curbing, but if it does effect, I'll think of your advice for sure
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Oh I was using it for about 3-4 months everyday...Just be careful too much of a good thing can be a bad thing too ;-)
This discussion has been closed.