MFP keeps me honest

Options
I have been using MFP for a week now and I find that if I track everything that I eat I am less likely to cheat. When I think I want an item and find the calorie content is enormous, I quickly change my mind. This is a good site and I am looking to meet some friends for motivation and share ideas,:happy:

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    It really does keep you honest because you dont want people to see the crap we would eat if we werent accountable LOL!!! I know I wouldnt want anyone seeing that anyways LOL!!!!! We can do this girl!!! :D
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I agree ! I went out to dinner this past weekend and after typing in what I wanted to eat (and realizing that I would just be downright ashamed to eat that and add it to my daily foods), I got a small salad instead. It has made me me very mindful and proud when I finish my day of logging meals !!!!
  • WendyMargot
    Options
    I totally agree! I've noticed that I've changed my eating habits completely since I signed up. I feel guilty if I eat junk food now, and if I do crave something yummy (and who doesn't sometimes) I try to go for healthier versions. Like if I crave ice cream, I try to find a healthy frozen yogurt instead, or get baked potato chips instead of fried, or even make my own.

Every little step helps. Keep up the good work!
  • cinca
    cinca Posts: 25
    Options
    I know what you mean. If I want to eat something I think of how bad it'll look when I enter it here. It keeps me focused.
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    i'm the same way! just added you :)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think a lot more about the impact of the food I eat. Plus you also are more accurate, our eyes have become used to what chain restaurants tell us is a serving. Ordering salad out does not mean you have made good choice. Glad you are here and doing well
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I totally agree!! It has really helped me over the years.
    SN, there is a ChickenTuna on bodybuilding.com's website. That is too funny!
  • tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I mean, I've not cut out the biscuits altogether, but I'm certainly eating less of them.
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I so agree. Its an amazing site for calorie counting but also the Community on here, their stories, the before and after pics, the motivation etc. I just want to tell as many people as I can about it. I actually work on a Saturday in a "slimming clinic" and have started telling the ladies and gents that attend about this site.
  • ChickenTuna
    ChickenTuna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lol...me no bodybuilder...at least not yet