C25K - Treadmill Version

Options
Ok, so today I decided to begin the C25K program (treadmill version)...I completed it successfully, 180 of my 844 calories today were burned during the C25K session...

My walking speed was 3.0-3.8, and my running speed was 4.5-5.2...The incline was at 0.

If anyone else is doing this, what are your speeds? I'm just curious...

PS: The android app C25K lite is PERFECT and FREE! Made the session go by VERY quickly.

PPS: I did search for this, but the results I got did not help...way too much to sift through as well.

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My treadmill speed is 3.7-3.8 for running and 3.0 for walking. pretty slow, but getting faster.

Come join us on the c25k/c210k support thread!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218954-c25k-c210k-support-group?page=3#posts-2918047
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing a treadmill version and am at 0 incline. I tend to get up to a speed of 4.8 for my jogging and a 3.7 for my walking.... I try to jog faster at the third day of each week but I am more or less going for time vs speed... im sure when I am done, ill bump up the incline... and start over :)
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    im on week 2 of my c25k and my brisk walk is normally 3.5, and my jogging today was 5.0. normally its 5.5, but ive been on vacation for 2 weeks so i had to ease back in. i use these podcasts that talk you through it, like when to start your jog and when to slow back down. its very encouraging as well. i just searched the itunes store for c25k and they popped right up, and they're free. the podcast recommend increasing your jog pace each day for that week you're working on, so on thursday i'll prob be joggin at 5.5 and 6.0 on saturday.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    My c25k speeds right now are 3.5 walk and 4.7-5.2 jog with a 1.0 incline. I have it set at a slight incline because I eventually plan to run outside. My knees are pretty temperamental due to a connective tissue issue so I am building up some endurance first! I can job 13min solid without stopping but that's IT! So I am doing all of c25k to really work on getting to the complete 3.1 miles. :-D
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually do 5.0-5.5 for the jog and 3.5 for the walk and sometimes i do 6.0 near the end of the jog (last 30-60 seconds) to push myself
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thx when i get medically released to run again i am gonna check out the app. thx for the post
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 now so i'm running 25 min each time. But when I did the walking break I would walk at 4.1. When I run I start at about 5.4 and then finish around 6. I slowly bump myself up every so often. Tonight I ran at about 5.8 for 10 minutes. The longer you run the more you have to pace yourself I've found. When I had more walking breaks I would try to run a bit faster so I could get my endurance up.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Replying so I can find this later as I am starting the treadmill version next week as well and was looking for answers on what speeds I should hit. This post was really helpful.
  • treyatime
    Options
    I started C25K today. My walking speed was 3.5 , running was 4.7, cool down 2.8. I loved it! My goal is to be able to run by the end of October! Having really upbeat music helps!
  • busynblessed
    busynblessed Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I completed week 5 day one, at 5.6 mph jog and 3.4 mph walk at a zero incline, last night. I started the program at a 6.0 mph jog but at week 4 I had to adjust my goal in order to avoid burning out too quickly. My ultimate goal is run a 5k under 30 minutes... I have a long way go but I'll get there! Once I finish the program I will work on increasing my speed.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I walk at 4.0 and run at 6.0 right now and I go at a 10% incline so that I can transition to running outdoors more easily.
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a walk/run on my own. But keep saying I am going to start this. It looks like I can start at a speed that I am comfortable with. I think that is why I keep procrastinating.
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    My walking is usually 3.5 - 3.6 and running is 4.6 - 4.7. No incline yet, but I plan to build up my endurance. I'm on week 4 currently. I'm also 5'11" so I don't know if the speeds will help...depending on stride and such.
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Started Week 3 and I walk at 4.0 5% incline and Run at 5.2 1% incline. Some of my weeks I'll be outside so I wanted to build up my stamina so I could handle it.