How often do I adjust my HRM settings?

Nikkerz620
Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I tried searching on here because I'm sure it's somewhere but have had no luck.

How often do I need to change my weight in my HRM?
Should I do everytime I lose?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,641 Member
    I change my every 2 lbs I lose.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    me too, every coupla pounds. I really don't know for sure! But this made sense to me :smile:
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    I change mine once a week.....after my weight in day.....You should keep it as up to date as possible......I notice now I am buring less calories as the weight is coming off....
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    I've been changing mine every time I weigh in and the scale goes down. My wife didn't think to adjust her's. She lost maybe 16-17 lbs. and so I adjusted it without her knowing one day. Wanted to see if she would notice. Couple days later she wanted me to look at her HRM thinking it wasn't working because she had to exercise a lot longer to get to the same calories she had been seeing. I just laughed, but she wasn't happy about that. Such is the price for success I guess.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    I change mine every time I lose a pound or more! ;)
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    I've been changing mine every time I weigh in and the scale goes down. My wife didn't think to adjust her's. She lost maybe 16-17 lbs. and so I adjusted it without her knowing one day. Wanted to see if she would notice. Couple days later she wanted me to look at her HRM thinking it wasn't working because she had to exercise a lot longer to get to the same calories she had been seeing. I just laughed, but she wasn't happy about that. Such is the price for success I guess.

Haha-that is awesome. I thought we were talking about HR ranges, but now I see. I would change it so you get a better idea of your burn, but I am loving this guy!!!
This discussion has been closed.