So, this may be a dumb question..

Perfectlycrooked
Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
So, I had chicken noodle soup today and I was wondering if the broth was counted in the calorie count.

Wow, typing it out sounds soooo dumb. But I'm currious, because I don't like the broth :P I'm sure it doesn't save me enough calories to bother counting but.

Just put my mind at ease and anwer my ditsy question(x

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Yes. The broth is counted in the calorie count. It isn't soup without the broth - it's just a pile of limp noodles.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Yep, it is included. They assume you will eat both the noodles and the broth.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Yep, I'm with them, it is counted. But, from my own experience when I wasn't feeling well, I know the chicken broth that I made was only 15 or 30 cals for an 8 oz cup, or something ridiculously small. I don't think it'll save you enough cals to worry about. Sodium, yes, cals, nope. =)
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Agree. most of what you save is salt, which is better to decrease than a few calories
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Yep, it is included. They assume you will eat both the noodles and the broth.

Yep. Because that's how most people eat soup. Otherwise it's soggy, chicken flavored pasta.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Not eating the broth won't save you many calories, but it will save you a ton of sodium and THAT is a WONDERFUL thing :)
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Puts my mind at ease(: haha

thanks you guys!
This discussion has been closed.