LOST

cuttiiee15
cuttiiee15 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
:happy: IM NEW AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOOSE WEIGHT AT ALL CAN SOME TELL ME HOW TO LOOSE 50 POUNDS

Replies

• :happy: IM NEW AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOOSE WEIGHT AT ALL CAN SOME TELL ME HOW TO LOOSE 50 POUNDS
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Boy are you in the right place.

Start by logging all your food and exercise. I wouldn't even change what you are eating for a week or two. Then look to see how far over you are on your calories and what changes you'd be willing to make to get yourself within the calorie goal. You have to make changes that fit within your lifestyle. Subtle changes can reap big rewards.

Go in here everyday and look at anything interesting on the message boards. When you have questions post them. You'll get a ton of advice and have some fun.

Welcome!
  • THANKYOU DO YOU KNOW ANY EXCERSISES I CAN DO IN THE HOUSE :smile:
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    DANCE!!!! I dance while I clean the house...its fun, put on your favorite music and dance your heart out. Pretend the vaccum cleaner is the best darn salsa dancer you have ever danced with!!!
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    start by walking it's summer time get out and enjoy the nice weather
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    I have a mini trampoline that I jump on while I watch TV. I bought it at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago for $30 or so.
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    hello. we are both new to the site. watch your diet calorie intake and start to love drinking water and exercising. walking when u can and riding a bike are great starters. best of luck to u.
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    A set of dumbell weights can be had fairly cheap at Walmart. The strength training exercises you can do with just this simple set are many and will work every muscle in your body. If you keep your weights fairly low, repititons high, and rest in between sets to a minute or less, you will also keep your heart rate up enough to qualify as mild cardio. I have bad knees, so this is how I exercise and its working thus far.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome. Plan your meals and make sure you read the labels. Eat fresh as often as you can. While the weather isn't to bad walking is great. If you are in S. Idaho I know it gets windy and its not so fun being out in that so a mini tramp, an exercise bike or whatever you might be able to come up with are great. Dvd's are good and you can find them so they aren't to expensive. If you are in N. Idaho enjoy the nicer weather even in the winter it can be lovely.

Its great to have you here. Good luck.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hi girlie!!! I am so glad you found us!

I started with jogging during the commercials of my favorite shows late at night. I also jump rope at home. Slowly you will find yourself wanting to push more, losing inches along the way, and wanting to get out and run, bike, swim! YOU CAN DO It!!!

So welcome girlie and good luck! Keep us update often!
  • drk7
    drk7 Posts: 10
    Hi and WELCOME!!

I have had a life long problen of being overweight. and need to lose 200 pounds!! I understand your frustration and can tell you that logging food and planning meals is really key. We have been told that 100 times but somehow always think we can just keep track mentally, Also, the balance of carbs, fat and protein is critical as well.

As I go along and lose the weight I will share what has worked for me. Do the same for me too please!! It is a team effort.

Best,

Dana
  • do you know any excersises to do in thinking
    you tube
    on damand comcast are those good ideas:smooched:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I don't have on demand but I'm pretty sure they have them.
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
This discussion has been closed.