Detox.

Options
What kind of detoxes (sp?) have you guys tried? How did it work/how did you feel afterwards? I'm not doing it for weight loss..I just feel REALLLY yucky and want to clean out my system. Any input would be appreciated..thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• food_junkie
    Options
    What kind of detoxes (sp?) have you guys tried? How did it work/how did you feel afterwards? I'm not doing it for weight loss..I just feel REALLLY yucky and want to clean out my system. Any input would be appreciated..thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • dachinababe
    Options
    i just finished an 42 hour water fast...supposed to be 36 hours but i wasnt hungry...the purpose of this is to give your digestive system a break.. I plan on doing this every week so I can reestablish my relation to food every week.. it's like resetting your digestive system i guess. I am not an expert, or a dietian..but i tried various detox for health and spiritual reasons...you will feel a little tired and may experience minor headaches during the fast but it was a pleasant experience over all, for me at least..
    water fast is pretty tough and considered unneccessary by many people., may be you should look into other form of detox. a more mild one.., I also heard some people would do raw food diet for a few day to clean out their system since food does have cleasen power. hope this helpped Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    IMHO detox should only be done while under the direct observation of a doctor. The human body was never meant to not eat daily. I'm not saying don't do it. But done wrong they can be extremely dangerous. Some cultures do them for spiritual reasons, and that's fine. But I would say, before attempting any detox program, talk to a registered dietician, and a doctor (a gastrointestinologist, not a GP doctor) becuase there are some pretty harsh side effects from removing the bacteria in your intestines.

FYI, your body is a very well designed machine, if you begin eating a healthy, nutritionally correct diet, high in fiber, and drink plenty of water, under most circumstances a detox is not necessary. Your body will take care of flushing the toxins and waste out. My motto with the body's organs is "if it ain't broke..." Not saying don't try to improve, but I'm not positive this falls into that category.

Which ever way you choose, I just hope you do the research, talk to experts, and don't take any chances.

Best luck to you,

-Banks