I need fashion help - anyone up for some brainstorming?

Options
SolidGoaled
SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
I picked up some CUTE things at the thrift store this week, and now I need to know how to wear them, and what to wear them with. :/

Ok, first item - a lovely turquoise shirt with a delicate white embroidery on the front - 3/4 sleeves with a gathered shoulder. What shoes/jewelery/bottoms could I wear with it to make it a cute spring/summer outfit? I think some red sandals might look hot with the turquoise. ???

Second item- an olive colored shirt that you would layer - it has sleeves that stop short at the shoulder - think of a mans cut off - but nicely hemmed and slightly gathered - but it is meshy, long to the bottom of your butt, doesn't button or anything, it is open in the front, just a layering piece but I have no clue what to wear it with. Color suggestions and what type of shirt under it, plus pants/shoes/jewelery suggestions? Do I need a plain oatmeal shirt? A camisole?

Third item- another olive meshy "sweater" but it is very holey and definitely another layering piece. IT has short sleeves, it is long past the butt, and opens all the way down. It does have buttons, but I am not sure if it is meant to button? What to wear under it? Jewelery? Shoes, pants?

Let me know what you ladies think. I wish I had pictures of these items.

Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I think maybe a white necklace would love great with your turquoise shirt(my favorite color by and by). Depends on what the shirt looks like but a brown belt would look cute. My sister wears something like it from time to time. Gray jeans would look great. Royal purple shoes or red ones would like great with it.

Plain oatmeal shirt would look really cute with the olive color shirt. Maybe some beige shoes, open toed would like very cute. A gray skirt or some black shorts.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Some White capris would look great too!!!
  • chiroGirl77
    Options
    I actually just bought a turquoise shirt myself with 3/4 sleeves. It is more like a cardigan. I wore a navy color lose tank underneath with some dark jeans and turquoise sandals with rhinestonish accents. Then to tie it all together I wore a necklace that had blue green, navy, and turquoise in the beads. It looked super cute. You could wear a pair of navy pants or off-white dress pants if you wanted to dress it up. If you wear navy dress pants I bet the red shoes would look great. It's too bad I don't know you I have a turquoise and red along with other colors necklace you could borrow. ;)

With the olive you can probably wear an apricot color and then tie it in with the same color jewelry. I like to look at the colors in my jewelry to see what goes well. I have an olive and gold tone necklace I got from Kohls along with some wedges that are natural color. Not sure how long the shirt is but a khaki skirt and jean jacket over it?
  • SolidGoaled
    Options
    oooh - I like the apricot idea under the olive!

Keep these great ideas coming - I am so fashion challenged - I never know what to wear with what. How to combine colors, textures, what to layer with certain pieces - seriously - I am fashion fubar-ed!
  • JEK717
    Options
    Do you have any way to put picture up even if it is on your profile?
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I picked up some CUTE things at the thrift store this week, and now I need to know how to wear them, and what to wear them with. :/

Ok, first item - a lovely turquoise shirt with a delicate white embroidery on the front - 3/4 sleeves with a gathered shoulder. What shoes/jewelery/bottoms could I wear with it to make it a cute spring/summer outfit? I think some red sandals might look hot with the turquoise. ???

Second item- an olive colored shirt that you would layer - it has sleeves that stop short at the shoulder - think of a mans cut off - but nicely hemmed and slightly gathered - but it is meshy, long to the bottom of your butt, doesn't button or anything, it is open in the front, just a layering piece but I have no clue what to wear it with. Color suggestions and what type of shirt under it, plus pants/shoes/jewelery suggestions? Do I need a plain oatmeal shirt? A camisole?

Third item- another olive meshy "sweater" but it is very holey and definitely another layering piece. IT has short sleeves, it is long past the butt, and opens all the way down. It does have buttons, but I am not sure if it is meant to button? What to wear under it? Jewelery? Shoes, pants?

if the white embroidery is large, I wouldn't wear any necklace with it as it would maybe be too much ? Maybe big gold/turquoise earings and/or a cuff bracelet ? I agree with the brown belt and the white capris, it will give you a very fresh/spring look ! Indigo skinny jeans would probably look great too. For the shoes, bright yellow is very trendy right now so
    I think I'd go with that instead of the red shoes. Unless you wear the shoes as a statement, it needs to be BOLD if you do !
  • SolidGoaled
    Options

if the white embroidery is large, I wouldn't wear any necklace with it as it would maybe be too much ? Maybe big gold/turquoise earings and/or a cuff bracelet ? I agree with the brown belt and the white capris, it will give you a very fresh/spring look ! Indigo skinny jeans would probably look great too. For the shoes, bright yellow is very trendy right now so
    I think I'd go with that instead of the red shoes. Unless you wear the shoes as a statement, it needs to be BOLD if you do !

Would I wear the brown belt OVER the turquoise shirt?
  • JEK717
    Options
    Yeah. Like at your waist. Or right at your hips. It looks great:)
  • SolidGoaled
    Options
    Ohhh I don't know - I'm not very thrilled with my hips OR my waist. :)

so, what kind of shoes with the turquoise top/brown belt/white capris?? and jewelery?? could I just go with big silver hoops? (my signature) ;)
  • JEK717
    Options
    Hm i dont know if those would look go with it. Try some gold. Maybe a gold bracelet. Or gold earring.

I guess it just depends on what look you are going for. If you are going for the casual yet dressy look those earning might look cute but if you just want the fresh summer look i would go for less showing earrings, something less subtle. But like i said, it depends on the look you want. Either is fine.

Keep this in mind when you work with this color: Keep the soft, feminine qualities going by mixing turquoise with lavender and pale pinks. A bright turquoise and pink create a sparkly clean, retro look. Make it art deco by pairing turquoise with white and black. Turquoise with gray or silver as well as terra cotta and light browns have a Southwestern (U.S.) flavor. Turquoise with orange or yellow creates a fresh, sporty look.