To Many Friends?

Options
I am somewhat new...I have been on MFP for around two months...

Soo anyway... I'm not usually one to let things get to me... but I just had someone send me a message saying that they were dropping me from their friends because I had too many friends? Is this a normal habit on here?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    No. Most people don't tell you. :tongue:

Kidding aside, I have never heard of this.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    What a ridiculous thing to do!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    wow!!! weird:)) Who needs em anyway.....they are being ridiculous:)) Add me if you like:))
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    ive never heard of that. i have only dropped friends because they hadnt been on in a very long time. obviously not a great friend if they want to drop you for that. consider a good thing. you can focus on people that want and need your encouragement
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    No way!!! That's just silly! If you ask me, that was no supportive friend after all. You're likely better off without him or her.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Strange why would someone care how many friends someone else has..........
  • Chynadoll00
    Options
    I am not sure.. pretty new on MFP feel free to add me as a friend I could really use so Positive support!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what a weirdo!!! No, that is absolutely NOT normal!!
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Never heard of such, add me if you like, we all can use all the support and motivation:)
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! That is the funniest thing I've heard. You can never have too many friends!!!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't see how you could have too many friends :P that makes no sense..!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of that, but I'm way new.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you as a friend now so forget about whoever it was.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've had a weird reason...why I was dropped...this girl sent me a message saying that she was sorry that she requested me...but she had to drop me because she decided she only wanted to have friends she knew IRL....on her friends list
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    People are weird.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It bothers people to get dropped?
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally. People drop people all the time for various reasons. Maybe there was a difference of philosophy
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Ignore it. I drop people sometimes (without announcing it, of course) when they don't seem serious about this or share my same ideals for weight loss and healthy living. It's nothing personal. It was rude of that person to message you telling you that, but eh, that's their preragative, just go on about your day :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    never heard of such a weird thing.we`re all here for the same reason,I would think the more friends,the more support on both ends.jane
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    No. Most people don't tell you. :tongue:

Kidding aside, I have never heard of this.

Honestly I think that's true. People do stuff like that all the time, they just don't usually send you a message about it.