Who DOESN'Teat their exercise calories back?

Replies

• Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    I did when i first started on here~ and i lost a few pounds,...then gained a couple back cuz i just honestly wasn't giving my all when it came to meal choices. But this week i am totally committed~,..changed my meal plans & gonna exercise faithfully. I'm not going to eat the extra calories back this time and see how it goes:happy:
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    I eat at least 1200 in a day but usually I don't eat all of my calories back because I know every once in a while I will have something come up where I'll be over my calories so all those days of having 100-300 extra calories left pays off because in the end of the week I am right in line with my recommended calories...(make sense?)
  • MichelleMcWain
    MichelleMcWain Posts: 66 Member
    I don't eat them back, my calorie goal is 1850 but I always make sure I eat at least 1200 calories (just food not net) and I have been losing pretty good. I started going this March 14th and have lost 25.5lbs already.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    I try to eat 1,200 calories every day. From there, I determine if my body feels like it needs more calories. If I'm hungry or if I have bad cravings, I'll eat my exercise calories back. Otherwise, I won't.

same here and it's been working like a charm!
  • I eat my daily calories and that is it, i don't eat my calories back! I tried, it didn't work for me! I will eat a little more if i am feeling fatigued, but with a healthy diet it doesn't happen too often!
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    I usually dont...if I do it is about 200 or so. Down 46 pounds since january
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    I work out a lot, so my base is 1640 before exercise and once I log exercise that goes up to around 2200. I have my goals set to half a pound a week so I've got 250 calories to play with. If I'm really hungry that day then I eat them, if not then I can leave as many as 250 and still be fine. I usually don't leave more than 100 though. Last weigh in, I was 1.8 pounds away from my final goal weight of 110. When I first signed up and was set at the ever popular 1200, I lost a few pounds and then stopped. Once I changed my activity level and my calories went up, I started losing again.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    My base is 1200 calories a day and for the most part I try not to eat all of my exercise calories back.
  • Its hard to eat all 1350 of them back :(
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    I have found that eating only some of them back is what is working best for me. I've tried not eating them back and I tried eating them all back. If I am hungry after a workout I eat if not I don't!
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Since I said my activity level was moderate in my sign up process I usually don't eat them back becasue I figure my exercise calories would be included in that calculation as well!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    It totally depends on my day and when I workout. I find that if I workout first thing in the morning I am starving all day long and I tend to eat back some of them...not usually all of them. If I work out in the evening then I do not...but if I am hungry I have a snack. There are days that I am under too. I guess I am all over the board really! Hope that helps! :wink:
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    I just started eating them back today. I have been losing but it was starting to slow down. So i'm going to see if I was just not eating enough.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    If you don't eat any of them back just watch for the plateau but I think it's always a good idea to listen to your body and your cravings because obviously everyone is different. If you're feeling fatigued or hungry everyday you most likely need to eat more, which seems pretty simple to me. When I first started I lost a lot of weight at least for myself in a very short period of time and then plateaued and quickly came to grips with the reality that I do indeed need to eat back at least a good portion of my workout calories.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    I currently eat between 30-50% of my exercise calories. Started at less than that, and have been gradually eating more as I get closer to my goal weight. Which is twenty five pounds, and I am just now hitting a healthy BMI. Began trying to loose weight the second week in January, I have been loosing consistently and steadily since then - down 45 pounds.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    I DO! I eat almost all of them back (although I know that wasn't the question!)

Most days I'll be 40 or 50 cals under my net goal of 1550, sometimes a bit more under and sometimes a bit over.
    I'm not fussed if I'm 100 or so under but in general I don't feel the need to have an enourmous calorie deficit.
    I do want to lose weight, but I also want to get into the habit of eating a healthy amount of real food, and it feels like I'm doing this.

This is working very well for me, I'm not usually hungry at the end of the day, and I'm happily and steadily losing weight - 10kg (22lb) in 13 weeks so far.
  • Athaiguy
    Athaiguy Posts: 31 Member
    Never do
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    A healthy amount of real food is a very subjective thing. I eat pretty much continuously, ok, about every two to three hours. More often than anyone else at work. Often around 1700 calories a day.

My burns are usually around 1000 calories or more a day. Just can wrap my head around eating 2200 plus calories a day to lose weight, that is how I got fat in the first place.
    I DO! I eat almost all of them back (although I know that wasn't the question!)

Most days I'll be 40 or 50 cals under my net goal of 1550, sometimes a bit more under and sometimes a bit over.
    I'm not fussed if I'm 100 or so under but in general I don't feel the need to have an enourmous calorie deficit.
    I do want to lose weight, but I also want to get into the habit of eating a healthy amount of real food, and it feels like I'm doing this.

This is working very well for me, I'm not usually hungry at the end of the day, and I'm happily and steadily losing weight - 10kg (22lb) in 13 weeks so far.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't depending on if I'm hungry or not.

Once I start to notice my weight loss slowing down I will most likely eat them back :)
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    I eat when I'm hungry and don't worry about it if I'm full.
This discussion has been closed.