A whole month without losing a pound?!

kamberly
kamberly Posts: 3
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm so frustrated! In 4 days, it will officially be a month since I've lost any weight (I lost a lb for a few days, then I bounced right back up again). I eat right, and YES I've been sticking to my diet of 1200-1400 calories in 4 small meals and exercising (zumba, walking, or workout dvd) about 5 days per week. Why is this happening?! I am kind of stressed lately, and I know that can hinder weight loss, but this not losing thing is just stressing me out more. I'm not going to quit, I want this too bad to quit, but really....what do I do now?

Replies

• I was stuck at a plateau for about a month....the scale was not budging at all and I was so frustrated. What really worked well for me was zig zagging my calories. Here is the calculator to see how many calories to vary each day:) It worked really well for me!

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Are you eating any of your exercise calories back? If not, that could be the problem.
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    I sooo needed to read your post tonight! I'm in the same position as you are about to lose my mind!! Im wanting to throw in the towel and go out a complete binge, but I know I don't want to backslide. I guess staying put is better than gaining, right?!? Good luck!!
  • Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. You are likely building muscle, which is good. Muscle makes it possible to burn more fat when you are in a restful state. Your body will continue to make progress. Remember to measure yourself at several locations so that you can see the inches that you are losing. Not all progress shows on the scale.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Your alternative to sticking with it is getting bigger and I'm sure you don't want that. You didn't gain weight every month on your way up to where you are now and you won't likely lose weight every month on your way back down. Is the general trend downward? Yay!

I had several weeks of weighing the same. I decided that I'm already good enough at quitting I don't need any more practice at that so I tried sticking with it. I changed up a few things and broke thru. I don't lose every week, but thank goodness the overall trend is downward!
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Hang in there!
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Someone else just posted that manufacturers only have to be within 40% of the actual calorie on the packaging on a different thread (i don't know exactly how true this is). Maybe when it gets closer to your goal weight ( and your metabolic level is closer to 1200) it's harder to figure out what exactly is the right calorie count.
    I have the same problem with weight staying put instead of going down, but my problem is more sticking to 1200 during the week and going way over on the weekends.
  • karen1612
    karen1612 Posts: 21 Member
    I agree with muscle weighing more than fat. I've stuck really well to my calories and then hit a plateau since I started exercising just over a week ago. Before that I was losing steadily but now I've stopped and have even put on. The difference is that I'm looking and feeling a lot better and my clothes are still loose so I'm not too worried (just yet!!)
    Keep hanging in there and I'm sure the weight will start to come off soon enough.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Oh don't give up.....Just keep on going. Have you measured yourself?

2639362.png
This discussion has been closed.