My Job is my Exercise.

Shannoncore
Shannoncore Posts: 135
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Somebody pointed out today that i log little to no exercise. Thats because my job is my exercise. I chase 11-15 18 month to 3 year olds all day. i change no less then 8 diapers an hour. that involves me running after and catching the kid. squatting down and picking them up then carrying them to the changing table. then i have to hold them down while i change their diaper (no small feat). At meal time i am bending over this table that is literally only a foot off the ground and serving food to these kids then its nap time i have to sit next to each one and one by one pat their backs to sleep. by the time i am done with that my arms hurt so bad i just want to cry. then its clean up time. meaning i walk around and bend over and stretch to pick up literally hundreds of small toys off the ground and put them back in their perspective tubs and shelves. then they wake up and its meal time all over again (they get four meals a day) then we set them loose outside. OMG i wish i could harness their energy. I chase them around the play ground pushing tricycles and small toddler cars and pushing them on swings and climbing up to the top of the castle so i can do down the slide with our smallest children so they wont be scared, lift them up so they can put the basketball in the hoop ect. and when it is time to go in i have to play sheep dog and get them all in the building. for indoor activities.( we play out side twice a day). by the time i come home i have my infant daughter and 8 year old to keep up with and make dinner and clean house. by 8 pm i am ready to fall down. my point is if you want to lose weight go get a job at your local child care center. you will watch the lbs melt off faster then you can jump on that dreaded scale.

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Lol! So true, I have a hard enough time chasing my three little ones around (all under the age of 5), and am expecting another one in June. I can't imagine 11 little ones! Great post. :)
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Mom of 5 kids! 13, 10, 4,2, and 1... Need I say more. LOL Working the ER was less physical.
This discussion has been closed.