New and need motivation!

Options
Hi! I am new to the site and joined as I am in need of motivation! I used to have a very active job, being outside and moving all day , but now I have a desk job in an office! My eating habbits have gone down hill, I did have a personal trainer however she left town! I still go the the gym twice a week and play netball once a week. I am confident that I can keep up my excercise goals doing exercise five days a week, but it will mean nothing if I don't stick to eating healthy! I am female 25yrs and would like to lose 10lbs, anyone who can offer any support, tips or motivation please let me know!

Replies

• ducksinarow
    Options
    feel free to friend me...the support and tips on here are AMAZING!! welcome and good luck!!
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    This is a great place for support. I log on every day and read testimonies. I make sure to encourage people too...that helps me to stay positive. Practice what you preach and all. Keeps me honest. Make sure to record everything that you eat, and drink plenty of water :-)
  • lynnmcfaul
    Options
    A tip that I have found helpful...as much as possible, I try to put my food into my diary in advance...so if I know that I am going out for a meal for example, I choose the place in advance, go online and search their menu/nutritional information, and choose in advance what I will eat, based on the calories and nutrition...so I am beginning to figure out which restaurants have good information online, and I try to stick to them as much as possible. I don't personally require a lot of diversity in my eating, so for example I have the exact same thing every day for breakfast, and thus it is easy to track. If I am eating at home, I will still put my food in the diary in advance, and that way I have an exact gauge of what my portion sizes should be. I find when I put things in before I eat them, I am much more conscious of what I am eating! I also know that when I am going out for a fun night, if I do some extra exercise that day I can have more calories to play with lol...I have been on myfitnesspal for 24 days, and I have not missed a day of tracking and I have maintained my daily calories without ever going over every day...and yet I have still had several fun nights out with dinner and drinks!

Good luck!!!