When I cook I tend to nibble ...

Options
cheese! Cheese is the worst temptation for me. As I am cooking I can take a pinch every time I walk past the cheese. :blushing:

What do you find hard to not nibble as you cook, or help cook? :ohwell:

Replies

• chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a weakness for cheese too. Now as I cook I chew gum to keep me from snacking as I go.
  • ccwicks
    ccwicks Posts: 39
    Options
    Chewing gum - great idea (also, read that you burn more calories chewing the gum then the calorie count of the sugarless gum, same with celery).
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure I'm not too hungry when I cook, that way I don't nibble.
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Gum is what I use and it works very well. You don't want to eat and mix food in your gym. Yuck!
  • glamazonjenn
    glamazonjenn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use sugarfree cough drops....keeps me from mindlessly eating...no chance you want to eat with those in your mouth!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I clean as I go - put the cheese back in the fridge... and LOCK it! :wink:
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I find it is hard to keep from snacking while I cook too. I feel like I always need to try a little bit of my food as I go to make sure it's good! lol. But... when I'm trying to avoid snacking putting the extra food away as I go works best.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I literally kept a roll of duct tape in my kitchen for a while and taped my mouth shut when I was cooking. It worked!
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was hungry while cooking something the other day, so I prepared myself a small snack. 2 light n crisp wasa crackers (20 calories each) and 1 tablespoon pizza flavored tribe hummus (15 calories). The snack was 55 calories and it helped take the edge off so I didn't want to dip my finger in and "test" everything. Worked for me!
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love love love cheese! I usually put away each ingredient as I add it, but it is soooo hard to say no to tasty cheese
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I measure each item as I need it and then put it away afterward, so that pretty much doesn't leave any random ingredients around to nibble on since everything out would be going in the meal. I wouldn't ever chew gum while I cook because you do have to taste to some extent while you cook to make sure it's all going the way you want it to. Plus the taste of the gum would still be in your mouth when you sit down to eat. Bleh.

I just make sure to only take small bites when I need to to make sure it all tastes right and then tend to serve the hubby an ounce or two more than I serve myself so it all equals out in the end.