tape vs scale

Options
hello every one. i am starting to work out and watch what i eat very closely again. ive missed it for awile. : ) the problem i have is, no matter what i do i gain muscle weight and size very quickly. good for my job. bad for keeping a weight loss record. this being said, although i can see a diifference in my appearance and the way my clothes fit. i get discouraged by what the scale says rather than what the tape says. mental game i guess. my question is, does anybody else have this problem and should i just throw away my scale and rely on the tape and wrangler jeans : ) and is there a good balance between the two. any advise would be helpful. thank u.

Replies

• nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    hello every one. i am starting to work out and watch what i eat very closely again. ive missed it for awile. : ) the problem i have is, no matter what i do i gain muscle weight and size very quickly. good for my job. bad for keeping a weight loss record. this being said, although i can see a diifference in my appearance and the way my clothes fit. i get discouraged by what the scale says rather than what the tape says. mental game i guess. my question is, does anybody else have this problem and should i just throw away my scale and rely on the tape and wrangler jeans : ) and is there a good balance between the two. any advise would be helpful. thank u.
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Totally. I've been at the same weight (bouncing up and down a couple of pounds) for a month now. Its kind of a joke with me now when I step on the scale. But I can see a difference. I haven't been tracking my calories though, so I suspect my weight should start to drop as well now that I am. I wouldn't mind my weight right now if it were all muscle!
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    thank u. i appreciate it. glad to know its just not me. ive just started lifting the weights again since my accident a couple of years ago and already the uniform sleeves are getting tight. darn muscle memory. but lifting is such a stress releif for me. i was hoping they had forgotten a liitle bit. was looking for a more slimmer look than bulky. guess u cant tempt genetics though.
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i just got a tape the other day, so will have to wait a bit to probably get some results i can post up to see any variations

as for the other stuff, sorry i dont know what to do about that
    especially if its muscle memory, and lifting being such a relief, i'd say you might have to put up with it

unless someone else has had this problem before and can help