Book suggestion: Skinny *****

Options
ok so the title of this book may come across as offensive to some....sorry if it does! But I thought it was a super fun, fast, sarcastic , hilarious , educational book. IIt does get serious about nutrition. Loved, loved, lobed it!

I'd recommend it to all.

Skinny ***** by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin.

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I read about half of it on vacation....then I lost it somewhere.

2639362.png
  • adristory
    adristory Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a sample on the kindle and was hooked from page 1. I am about to pull it up to get myself some good nutrition ideas. Sorry yours got lost! For sure, whomever found it got a good laugh.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I might have to check it out.

I read their guide to pregnancy and found it to be both cloying and condescending.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE reader of "diet" books - mostly to see what my clients are reading. Here's my recommended reading list.

The Primal Blueprint - Mark Sisson
    Why We Get Fat - Gary Taubes
    The Paleo Solution - Robb Wolf
    Born To Run - Christopher McDougall
    The Anabolic Diet - Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale
    No Excuses - Brian Tracy

Off the top of my head, my favorite books - everyone read "Why We Get Fat" ASAP - it explains a lot of myths that we should all be aware of.

I made a commitment about 16 months ago to spend an hour a day on myself. Sometimes it means I get up stupid early in the morning - sometimes it means I skip lunch with my boys and read. No matter what though, I make sure to evolve and learn each day. Give it a shot and you'll be hooked on yourself.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I read this book a couple of years ago. It does have some good information, but I remember thinking it was really annoying that the authors basically disguised a vegan manifesto as a nutrition book. They ignore the existence of organic products and their justification that you shouldn't eat eggs is basically "we think they're gross."
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife really wanted to read it, so a friend got it for her and I ended up reading more of it than she did as she didn't care for it at all. We never finished the book.