Yay! Down 23lbs!!

stephgodzilla
stephgodzilla Posts: 3
edited September 26 in Success Stories
:tongue: I was recently diagnosed with a wheat allergy and my doctor told me that I needed to go on a wheat free/gluten free diet. My doctor also told me that by being overweight my wheat allergy was effecting my small intestines giving me IBD.

Since March 1st, I have completely eliminated all wheat/gluten products from my daily diet. I have also paired this with light exercising and healthier eating. I have lost 23lbs in a month and a half but most importantly I feel 100% better which is what really makes the difference!

Replies

• VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Way to go! The changes you've made and the results you're seeing are just awesome!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    I have a friend that has the same issue, and has lost alot of weight too.

Good for you....and glad you feel better too.

2639362.png
  • Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Good for you! I recently gave up wheat/gluten due to an intolerance, and I have dropped about 14 lbs. since the end of February. It is amazing what can happen when you stick to the right diet for your own body!
  • Would love to see a diary of what you are eating! 23 pounds is AWESOME!! Way to go!!
  • great job!!! keep it going!!!!
  • I usually keep my calorie intake to about 1300 a day which was actually very hard for me to reach once I eliminated wheat. I eat mostly fish, rice, veggies and fruits. On top of that, I really enjoy the simple things like ground hamburger with light seasoning. I guess it helps that I was a very picky eater before the whole intolerance issue. After eliminated wheat, a lot of options like fast food were also eliminated. I have to remind myself to eat a variety of foods. I find myself sinking into the same cycle of eggs, fish, rice, veggies and occasionally some fruit.
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    There are a bunch of us out here with gluten allergies - feel free to give one of us a shout if you need any recipes/product recs, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!