I keep confusing myself!!

Options
Ok so it goes like this... I've been eating my exercise calories back which has been working great for me but I really want to have a baking day this weekend which means lots of naughty foods (joy!) My question is.... Do I exercise extra in the few days before and the few days after & not eat those calories back to make up for what will be one very naughty day OR should I stick to my normal routine and exercise like a freakzoid on that day and make sure that I dont eat over whatever I burn??? I really love baking as a way of relaxing and I would really prefer the first option. I should point out that I don't care about losing weight this week, just don't want to gain! Would definately apprecate any opinions/advice on this one!

Replies

• brents_princess
    brents_princess Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wish I had an answer for you...I would like to know the same thing!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sounds like plan A and B are okay to me...take your pick and enjoy your day of baking! As long as you work out you shouldn't do too much damage. Good job planning!:wink:
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    if you are not worried about not losing then I would just accept that we all have bad days or days off on occasion and as long as it is not a regular thing you shouldnt be doing too much damage - if I am planning on having a really rich dinner or something sweet then I will cut out snacks that day or go for lighter breakfast and lunch foods to minimize calories that day (I still have all these meals, just load them up with veg etc as otherwise I will be so hungry I will eat way more of the sweet stuff than I would otherwise) - I also like to plan to bake on days I am going to visit people or days I can serve it as a dessert for the house so I can share it and not have it all sitting there just for me!

I have heard of people having more of a weeks goal for net calories also - so bad day could be surrounded by days where you dont eat back exercise - but I dont really know if this is good or if you are just risking going into a starvation mode on top of having a bad day :P
  • LukeEalden
    Options
    If you enjoy the baking so much, still do it, but can't you skip the eating part of it?
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    y dont u class it as a 'free day' and just enjoy ur creations in moderation?? bcause if ur not bothered about losing this week u can ebnjoy it without worrying too much :) i dont believe in cutting out EVERYTHING that we enjoy lol we can still enjoy those things as long as we dont totally go overboard :)

best of luck
    Kirstie xx
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Personally, I view every day as a separate entity. If I am way under on one day, I don't make up for it the next day, I just take that new day and do my very best. I would say to exercise more on your baking day to allow more calories, but be careful how much you eat. Also keep in mind that you might gain weight, you might not. Either way, don't stress over it too much.
  • wmckendrick
    Options
    Hello, I also started January. I can tell you that it is easier to keep the weight off, then it is to gain the weight and then have to lose that extra weight. Dont take your eye off the ball. Remember theweight that you have already lost and also cakes have usless calorie content and this part of our eating hold the most calories, KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL
    William
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Hi,

When I was on a different weight loss site, they used to show you a weekly report as well and lots of people used to "bank" exercise cals through the week if they knew they hyad a big meal out or something coming up.

I've done it myself too with no problems. As long as your weigh-in day isn't the day after your baking day, you might still see a loss if you don't go over for the week.

Also, keep your "proper" foods light during your baking day.

As long as it's not every week, you'll be fine :)

Cazzie
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! I wasnt expecting so many people to reply!

Ok so Im not going to quote everyone but.... I think I will try & take something from everyone.
    Maybe I will not eat all of my exercise cals back the 2 days before & after but not massivly so I dont go into starvation or something like that, exercise like a freak on my bake day, not eat aboslutly everything, & invite the girls around to share it all with me!
    Yeh I think that will help me not feel guilty about enjoying my day!
    Thank so much for everyones advice!

Oh and to the guy who said can I just bake the food & not eat it... ABOSOLUTLY NOT!!!! Are you crazy???? hehe =D