Replies

• xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    No one got n e thing to say :( x
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Well, what about it? It's a good exercise, you work on your core a lot but you don't burn a lot of calories since you're not really breaking any sweats. I've done both pilates and yoga and I actually prefer yoga because it's fluid. I didn't really get into pilates, on the floor or with the machine...
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I am going to my first class tonight - Im just not sure about it! I just wanted to see what people thought of it! If they liked it or not? If they found it borng or relaxing?

Is it good for flexibility? xx
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i love pilates. its a great workout to do especially after you have just done a hard core aerobics session or shred etc cos it stretches your muscles and strengthens your core.

Pilates is very good for toning, and its not easy, especially if you incorporate weights.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am going to my first class tonight - Im just not sure about it! I just wanted to see what people thought of it! If they liked it or not? If they found it borng or relaxing?

Is it good for flexibility? xx

I always find it a very good class for stretching because the movements are quite slow so you can really focus on form. My friend really enjoy it and I think if she stuck with it, she would've seen some great result. I know it is like yoga, if you stick with it, you will look long and lean which is great. I think the hardest part in pilates is to remember to engage your core at all time and breathe at the same time. I always forget one or the other =)

Since it's your first class, I say to do the movement slowly and really pay attention to your body and your breath because little adjustments make the world of difference.
  • brockly25
    brockly25 Posts: 150
    Options
    i never did pilates befor ... mostly spin class and try zumba havent tryed body pump yet sorry
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love pilates! I do it all the time after my hard work outs. It really helps to stretch your muscles like most have said. You don't really feel it when you are doing it but if you haven't done it before some have said the next day they feel it.
  • tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    I love pilates....especially for stretching
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the type of Pilates. All of them will give you wonderful increases in core strength and flexibility though.

I have a Reformer at home and I love it. Yes, you will work hard, but it is very relaxing, too.

My Reformer also has a 'rebounder' so it can be used for cardio. Using the rebounder is incredibly boring, but my goodness does it get your heartrate up and just murder your abs!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh

The pilates class I see in my gym has a bunch of skinny minnies in it...looks boring.