This sucks

Options
Dammit - I'm doing everything right and I stayed exactly the same as last week. DAMN IT!!!! I'm so frustrated. No need to state the obvious - muscle gain, wait the scale will show it, your body is adjusting. I know all that and I know it's better than gaining but I really really did it all right and really needed a loss this week for all my effort. WTH!!!!!!!!! This sucks and now I get to go to Spin class and pretend like everything is honky dory when I'm actually pissed off in a bad way.!!! Okay deep breaths - I'm trying to self-talk myself past this but it's like why am I not seeing any results. 5x a week cardio, 2x week strength -- calories seem to be in line, I log every single bite, I'm not drinking so WTF....sorry for the negativity this morning guys and gals but I can't help it.

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you cant gain muscle while losing weight..its phisologically impossible. since u need a calorie surplus to gain muscle.
    the smaller you get the harder you have to work at losing weight.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    lol 1 week ...come on now....think of poor old me like 4/5 lb since mid dec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    good luck for next week i'm sure t will come off xx
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    You say your calories are in line - does that include eating a portion of your exercise calories back? Too few and your body might start rebelling
    Have you eaten anything slightly higher in sodium than usual? Will retain water
    Could you be ovulating or due on? Will retain water
    Did you have some decent losses last few weeks? My body tends to have a break from shedding weight if I have a couple of good losses...i guess catching up with itself
    Did you pee before weighing, when was the last time you went to the loo...Not on about pee this time - toilet habits can make a good 2lb difference

Everyone of us has these little statics, the more you stress about them the longer they seem to go on - stress is bad for weight loss, something to do with corticol or cortisol (whoosh that one went over my head) Keep going, you will get there - promise!
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    I feel your pain! This is where I was for most of autumn, fluctuating 4/5 pounds either way. Just imagine how super amazing you will feel when you break through the plateau :)