More than one person using a HRM?

Options
Can more than one person use one HRM? I know that you set your weight, height, etc, but can you set the weight, height for more than one person? If you can't, would it be difficult to change these settings often? The reason I am asking is that I just bought a HRM and was wondering if my husband could use it too.

Thanks.
Have a great Monday.:flowerforyou:

Edited to add:
Sorry I am logged into my husband's profile--he just started MFP today. My name is FitMomof3.

Replies

• dsheldon01
    Options
    Can more than one person use one HRM? I know that you set your weight, height, etc, but can you set the weight, height for more than one person? If you can't, would it be difficult to change these settings often? The reason I am asking is that I just bought a HRM and was wondering if my husband could use it too.

Thanks.
    Have a great Monday.:flowerforyou:

Edited to add:
    Sorry I am logged into my husband's profile--he just started MFP today. My name is FitMomof3.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Mine is programmed to fit my needs. I have to program mine for my age, and DH is different by one year. So for us, ours will not work for both of us.

My HRM is the first REAL workout toy that I have bought and used. I love it!
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Yes, they are out there.....and I suppose they are more expensive.....

I just went to Google and searched under "multiple users heart rate monitors" and came up with a number of sites to look at..... good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    PS, Banks knows a lot about HRM's
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Love mine, BUT, ya gotta watch the battery. Biking yesterday it kept not registering heart rate, I finally happened to see the low battery symbol come on. Now things make more sense!

Mine also has fits when it's too close to machinery/computers ( maybe changing the battery will help there as well) looking down and seeing your pulse rate at 220 REALLY does kick in the adrenaline:sick: !!! Especially when you're sitting still. Mine is one of those with the chest band so has radio(?) signals going back and forth. Doesn't like the riding lawn mower either!

One of my favorite things about it is that you can become aware of how much exercise (calories!!!) you get doing things outside the gym. Running up and down the steps doing laundry, walking the dog, etc. One of these days I'm gonna wear it for 24 hours and see how close the daily calorie count is to what my HRM says I burn.

Just think, wear it to that obligatory family wedding , check out how many calories you burned dancing the Polka and the Chicken Dance,( can you say redneck wedding??)and have a guilt free piece of cake and 3 beers!:drinker: TeeHee
    Ezzie