Chest strap digging in??

Options
I recently bought a HRM (like really recently I have only used it twice) and I find that the chest strap digs into my ribs, I am wearing it right under my boobs and it digs in right in the middle, so much so that my ribs feel bruised this morning. Its just in the center that it digs in, everywhere else its fine. Do you think I could wear it off to the side and still get accurate results?

Replies

• BlueEyesAllDay
    Options
    It's worth a try!!!

That wouldn't help for me as mine tends to pinch me in between the strap and my bra.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    hopefully it is one you can losen, mine has that feature. and no...you have to wear it in the middle as that is where it gets your Heart Rate from. Hope that helps.
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    I know the diagram in my instruction book for my NB N4, says I have to keep it placed in the center of where my rib cage meets. I adjust the strap to make it more comfortable. Some days are better than others. Last night it was really bothering me on my run, other days, I don't feel it. You shouldn't be bruised, definitely adjust it.

Good luck.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. That happened to me when I first got my HRM. I think my mistake was wearing it a little too long. Now I put it on right before my workout and take it off immediately after. Also, I just put mine pretty loosely (yet centered) under my sports bra. My skin did get pretty chaffed though and I had to take several days off from using it. Are you wearing it longer than your workout?
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I usually wear mine over to the left a bit, I figure its closer to the heart so it works. I haven't seen any differences with the calories burned. As long as its able to detect your heart rate it should be fine to wear it to the side. Mine has a little heart that shows when its being detected. Mine when I first got it did the samething but I was able to adjust it to fit better, if you can't adjust yours some brands have different sized ones you can buy.
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can loosen it but I am thinking if its loose it will slide up and down during running, jumping jacks etc. but I will give it a try, where its digging in is right where my ribs meet, very uncomfortable. I only wear it during my workout and take it off as soon as I am finished, so maybe today I will loosen it a bit, shove it off to the side a little and see how it goes, glad I am not the only one with some chest strap issues lol...
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wow, you must be wearing it WAY too tight! I have one and can't even feel it when I am wearing it. I actually make the mistake of forgetting I have it on so I forget to take it off. You should loosen it. If you wear a sports bra, it holds it in place anyway.