Pork Chop Ideas?

Options
Christie422
Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
I've got a package of thin center cut pork chops...any ideas?

Replies

• BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm love to BBQ all my steaks, let most of the fat fall off...
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    I know a great one. I've ate it for the last 2 days for dinner. I cut the raw porkchops into bite size piece and cooked them overthe stove, then you take:

1 whole wheat Tortilla
    1 Roma tomato
    1-2 cups of iceburg lettuce
    2 tbsp of Fat free sour Cream
    1/4 cup of fat free shredded cheese

and PRESTO! You now have some super healthy yummy tacos for dinner.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Terriyaki sauce and grill or bake them. Stir fry some veggies in a little terriyaki sauce and you've got a healthier alternative to Chinese food. Yummo!
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    I forgot to add that I do marinate the porkchops in adoboe for about 24-48 hours prior to cooking.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    google it..i bet there are a ton of ideas...i think next time i am going to try apple cinnamon pork chops..good luck
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    equal part soy sauce, hot sauce and honey (like a tbs each for 2 chops). makes a super yummy glaze!
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love to put them in a crock pot full of water and let them cook on low all day then I serve it with apple sauce... mmm so good and it falls appart! :D:smile:
  • Christie422
    Options
    Great ideas guys, thanks!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Most thin center cut chops are very lean so you wont have to worry about too much fat. I like to grill them or pan sear them. I have thinly sliced them and done like fajitas style and cubed them and put it in a brown rice casserole.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    my fav thing to do with them is probably terrible for you.
    I just pan fry them ... add mushrooms (cook the mushrooms).. and a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
    it makes a great sauce but high in sodium!!!
    I serve it with rice or mashed potatoes and load of veggies on the side ...
  • KatRDH94
    KatRDH94 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    www.supercook.com has great recipes. You can put in what you have on hand and it will suggest recipes. I use it all the time, they have great pork chop recipes! :o)
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I believe you can cook...the dinner tacos...I must try!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I cooked this for my mother the other day and she loved it!

Pan sear the meat. Remove from the pan and keep warm

In the same pan (so you get all the meaty flavours) soften a small onion or shallot in a litte oil, add a good tablespoon of wholegrain mustard, and a generous splash of cider. (White wine or stock would do). Bubble till it reduces, add back the meat to warm through and coat with the sauce.

Serve with baby potatoes and green beans.
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I've made this before and it was so good!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/180889-caramelized-onion-pork-chops

I didn't use the olive oil. I used the spray oil instead to cut out the extra calories. As matter of fact, I might make this again tonight!
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip about supercook.com - great website!!!
  • KeonasMommy
    Options
    Season both sides with Johnny's seasoning, throw in the oven, and broil for about 20 minutes. Yummy and fast!
  • Leahcutie
    Leahcutie Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi! I mix together 1/2 cup of apricot preserves, 2 cloves of garlic minced, and 2 TBS of dijon mustard. Salt and pepper chops and then add mixture to the top. Cover with foil and bake for approximately 20 - 30 mintues, depending how thick your chops are. I uncover for the last 5 mintues. This is delicious!!
  • Christie422
    Options
    I'm doing the one with onions and mustard tonight...smells SO good in here right now. There was a huge sale on pork chops so I have tons in the freezer so I will be trying out these others as well. Thanks for all the ideas!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the carmolized onion pork chops recipe--I made them last night (used A1 steak sauce since thats all we had) and it was yummy and hubby requested it to be cooked on a more regular basis :)

Looking forward to trying other pork chop recipes from here soon!
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am the worst at pork chops. Maybe some of these recipes will save me.