2 NSV's by 9:00am!!!

Options
Triquetra
Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
Well, today I went to get dressed and my size 18 jeans were falling off me so bad they looked terrible even cinched with a belt, so I grabbed another pair of jeans from the back of the closet and THEY DID UP. I looked afterwards and they are missy 12's!!! I can even sit in them:laugh:

Then when I was standing at the copier at work a co-worker came in and said "wow, you are wasting away, you look great!". I was shocked and stumbled a thank you. I mean I have lost 15 lbs but am still in the "obese" category at 191 lb and 5ft 2in, but this was definitely a great motivator!!!

I think that when we look in the mirror each day we don't always see the changes and these NSV's are a great reminder we are on the right track!!

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! It feels awesome!!!! I just bought my first pair of size 12 pants...I have not fit into a 12 since I was 17...I am 34.....
    It really does make a difference!

Congrats on your amazing milestone!!!! They will keep on coming!!!!

Great Job!
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    that is great! and definately true about not seeing it in ourselves the way others do! keep up the good work!
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    awesome, its a great feeling!! congrats on the pants!:smooched:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! What a great start to your day! :)
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You have definitely loss. Keep up the great work!
  • ness8484
    ness8484 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's very satisfying to be able to see that type of change. I was excited last weekend to find that the size 16 jeans I bought in January are loose at the waist and thighs. And each time I am able to tighten my belt an extra notch it's a win!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! i started at an 18 and can now fit in most 12's and some are even getting loose! And when people notice its such a great feeling:) Congrats on the weight loss and NSV's.
  • distant_dreamer
    Options
    dumb question but whats an NSV!!

guessing its a positive thing ;)
  • msmiriam
    msmiriam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations! I agree with you about looking in the mirror...Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll keep losing what you need to lose!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options

NSV = Non Scale Victory :smile:
  • eyt2003
    eyt2003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, what is a NSV....
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options

Non Scale Victory - those little things that make you feel good, excluding the numbers on the scale! :smile:
  • distant_dreamer
    Options
    ok, thanx!!
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

its a non scale victory...and congrats to you! thats an amazing feat! my 12's are getting KINDA loose on me so i hear ya...i love when i get complimented by other ppl...it really does let you know your doing well...keep it up!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    So very awesome!! :love:
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    AWESOME !!! :)))
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Gotta love those NSV's, so proud of you girl!! Keep up the awesome work :-)
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    brilliant! I can't wait until someone (other than my Mum) mentions my weight loss :o)
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    Wow from size 18 to size 12 is a huge step! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!