Pre-Work Out Snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    *I live on a military post where they have GNC stores in the PX - We get to use our Gold Card all month long and prices are cheaper than regular GNC and their website.

The guy was just letting me know so that I don't retain water since I'm doing my workouts for weight loss. Every time I or my husband go into GNC, the employees are very helpful and are not pushy on products.

I was letting the OP know that there are drinks too but since now that I read she works out in the evening I wouldn't suggest a pre workout drink.

[/quote]

This is why I hate GNC, they lie to customers.. A supplement with creatine isn't gonig to change rather you build lean muscle or muscle bulk.
    GNC overprices things. And creatine is great for enhanced recovery. There is no bulky. "BULK" comes from high body fat.
    Not to mention preworkout supps really have next to nothing to do with muscle growth. They're nice to have for energy and thats about it.

OP was asking for foods/snacks, not supplements anyways.
    [/quote]
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    ^^ I really don't think you'd have much trouble with water retention if you're staying properly hydrated.

Either way water isn't fat. So if your muscles are holding on to a little water, its not going to negatively effect the way you look.
  • TheIncredibleShrinkingDan
    Options
    I generally roll out of bed in the dark, get the workout clothes on half asleep, and go.

It takes me 10 minutes to drive to the gym so I grab a small coffee and eat a bagel with PNB on the way. I sip water too but usually don't get more than a cup down. I know I should drink the water and not the coffee but that is my cheat. I rehydrate with about 5L of water over the balance of the rest of the day.

On mornings I ride, I often just drink some water and am in the saddle before my stomach wakes up. I can do a 90 minute mountain bike ride like that. I can't get away with that for longer rides on the weekends though.