NSV and pictures of my journey

Options
blh_1010
blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
I had a NSV yesterday...I saw a friend I hadn't seen for 2 years for the first time. I ran up to him and gave him a big hug. He tooka step back and said "DAMN! You've lost weight...you look great!" He got an even bigger hug after that! :)

I am 24 years old and 5'8" and when I started this journy I weight between 175 - 180lbs...I don't know for sure which or even if it was more but 175lbs was what I weighed the day I logged into MFP for the very first time. I didn't own a scale so that is occording to the one at walmart that i stepped on to just see. I had seen a picture of me in high school, and was astonished by the way my pictures looked now compared to then, and how my pants from high school didn't even come close to buttoning around my mid section. Here are the pictures of my journey. I hope it inspires some. I am now in the "healthy" weight range for my height, but I would like to either lose about 10 more pounds or tone up for my wedding day in August. After my wedding I plan on staying on MFP to contiune to maintan that weight.

xnu5mo.jpg
Before MFP 175 - 180lbs (largest weight ever in my adult life) - May 2010

x2jw8w.jpg
again a before MFP shot (yes I am eating ice cream) June 2010

2h80qw9.jpg
At 161lbs (this is when I started to realize I have a butt again, and not a butt/theigh Sept 2010

1zz51r5.jpg
Back to my lowest weight at 157 - 155lbs (the weight I weighed in high school) Oct 2010 (me and my fiance' :) )

97r6hl.jpg
Between 155 - 152lbs Lowest weight ever in my adult life March 2011

j63lvd.jpg
A picture I am very proud of...taken yesterday...This is when this friend I hadn't seen for two years said "You look great, you've lost a lot of weight!" :)

Replies

• michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! thanks for sharing
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! You should be proud!
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great job ! I to am somewhere between 5'8 or 5'7 my start was 179 on Jan. 3 ,11 I am now at 166 & I only joined this about 21 days ago! I am having trouble breaking that 160 point , but I can not wait till I do !
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look great!! BE very proud of what you have done for yourself!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us all!!! I am working so hard for my goals....and to see that you have done it....helps so much!!!!
  • texas3step
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for sharing. You look so happy, as you should. Good luck on your wedding plans!
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So proud of ya girl! You look fantastic!!!!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Awesome girl! You look fantastic! Can't wait for wedding dress pics!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Same height as you... or about the same height... my biggest 256 lbs.... right now 186.... Hopefully by the new year, I'll be 145.

When I am... I'll be SO happy to show off my body!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!