Whats your favorite Protein shake?

Options
I've been working out/training off and on for years and I've seen success with out the aid of supplements. Now its seeming as though I may need it. So I'm wondering what protein shakes or supplements everyone is using and why? Personally I'm looking for something to aid with energy and muscle repair/building not so much as a dietary supplement or meal replacement.

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My husband loves 2 scoops of Isolate Whey Protein Pd, 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup blueberries (or other berries). Supposed to be around 300 cals and he says it is very filling.
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    I just started drinking Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein - Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. I chose it because it's low sodium & low carb. It tastes great with soy milk.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I can never get enough info about this....
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Amplified Muscle Meal from GNC. It comes in premeasured packs and mixes with out clumping. Tastes good too. I can't remember what all the ingredients are, but its loaded.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein - Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. I chose it because it's low sodium & low carb. It tastes great with soy milk.

Where do you buy it??
  • wasthat
    wasthat Posts: 11
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar either Fuzzy Navel or roadside Lemonade

90 calories per scoop no carb no fat 23 grams of protein
  • rachelowow
    Options
    Hi!!!

I like Muscle Milk becuase its pretty low carb, and is the best tasing one iv tried!! pretty filling too! :)
  • jcott28
    jcott28 Posts: 16
    Options
    I've tried quite a few, and by far I love the Premier Nutrition High Protein Chocolate Shakes. I get them at Costco. 30g of protein, 160 calories. Pour it over ice and it's a great breakfast. It keeps me full until lunch and at only 160 calories allows me to have a bigger lunch and dinner than if I have Oatmeal or something else that is closer to 300 calories.
  • rcassizzi
    Options
    1 Scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey (Tropical Punch)
    1 Scoop BSN Cellmass (Artic Berry)
    1 Teaspoon L-Glutamine Powder
    16 Ounces of Water

Tastes like Kool-Aid to me. I drink 1 as a mid morning snack, one directly after my workout in the afternoon.
  • jerena2
    jerena2 Posts: 22
    Options
    Another fan of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein in Vanilla Ice Cream. I like the Vanilla because I can add other stuff (berries, bananas, coffee, peant butter) when I'm sick of just vanilla. I mix mine with Silk Almond Mik. Delicious!!!!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    jay robb egg white protein with almond unsweetened vanilla milk and eas carb advantage shake
  • jerena2
    jerena2 Posts: 22
    Options
    JesaGrace, I buy my Optimum Nutrition Whey at netrition.com.
  • nrm149
    nrm149 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi!!!

I like Muscle Milk becuase its pretty low carb, and is the best tasing one iv tried!! pretty filling too! :)

I have a few friends who use muscle milk. Some say its a bit high on fat though. I'm not sure I haven't had the chance to check the label.
  • Rocknsynchrogrl
    Options
    I believe they do make a "light" version of Muscle Milk because my husband had some of it in the fridge, but I thought it was still high in calories to drink the whole carton.
    Hi!!!

I have a few friends who use muscle milk. Some say its a bit high on fat though. I'm not sure I haven't had the chance to check the label.
  • Teeeravis
    Teeeravis Posts: 16
    Options
    Muscle Milk can be pretty hit or miss and really depends on which version you get. The regular version is outrageously high in calories and fat (I want to say somewhere near 340kcal per serving, if I remember correctly -- no doubt for bulking). Some of the "Light" versions, including the one sitting on my desk (Protein +), are ~2g/serving for 24g of protein.
  • rachelowow
    Options
    Hi!

Just saw your post, do you use raw egg whites or is it something else?? id like to try it! :)
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control chocolate fudge shake.

Nutrition per 11 ounce container (ready to drink/portable!):
    Calories 110
    Total Fat 3 grams
    Sat Fat 0 grams
    Trans Fat 0 grams
    Cholesterol 20 grams
    Sodium 280 mg
    Potassium 540 mg
    Total Carbs 4 grams
    Dietary Fiber 2 grams
    Sugars 0 grams
    Protein 17 grams
    And a pretty good portion of the RDA of vitamins/minerals

I buy them by the case at Sam's Club.

Typical Prep for me (at home):
    1 box of EAS chocolate shake
    1.5 servings of PB2
    1/2 cup of nonfat milk
    ice to thicken in the blender

YUMMY. Nutritious. Filling. Makes a FULL blender for just the one serving. :)
  • KatesJourneytoLookGr8
    Options
    Beverly International IS AMAZING!!!

It mixes great and is really good for ya.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (31g)
    Servings Per Container: 30
    Amount Per Serving:
    Calories 120
    Calories from Fat 25
    Total Fat 3g 5%
    Saturated Fat 1g 5%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 160mg 7%
    Potassium 260mg 7%
    Total Carbohydrate 5g 2%
    Dietary Fiber less than 1g 2%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 20g 40%
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 25%
    Iron 0%

Ultimate Muscle Protein Ingredients:
    Beverly Muscle Amino Protein Blend (milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, whey protein concentrate, egg white, L-arginine, L-glutamine, L-isoleucine, L-leucine, L-valine), maltodextrin, high oleic sunflower oil, natural and artificial flavor, soy fiber, magnesium citrate, medium chain triglycerides, potassium citrate, casein, salt, soy lecithin, mono- and diglycerides, whey protein isolate, acesulfame K, potassium phosphate, sucralose, borage oil, gum arabic, tocopherols added to protect flavor.
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options

Where do you buy it??

I just got mine at the local supermarket (Shopper's), but they have it at amazon.com too for cheaper (but you have to buy a lot!)
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    Shakeology is the BEST!!! 'nough said!