Calling all horsey peeps :)

Options
2»

Replies

• skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    15 year old solid-bred paint horse. Miss Zippo Cody has had 5 kids (all before I bought her) and we've been together (OFFICIALLY!) a year come May 10th. We ride Western Pleasure and Competitive Trail. We are riding in our FIRST trail trial a month from TODAY! She's my biggest motivation for losing weight. We'll both be better off when I lose another 58 pounds!
  • jac1976
    jac1976 Posts: 30
    Options
    I own a 7 year old part bred welsh called Lilly aka Lillypie :smile:
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    UGH...JUST as I was getting the ground work up and running after the winter, it starts raining again and my ring turned into a mud pit!! I'm gonna go ahead and call shenanigans on the weather up here!!
  • MeganLord
    MeganLord Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i have a 14 year old bay qh .. i use to run barrel and then after i got married he stayed in texas while i moved to va.. id love to lose all the weight possible for the next visit i make back home to ride :)
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    Hello everyone! I own a traditional 16hh Coloured Gypsy Cob Gelding, who is just the most cuddly, hairy teddy bear and would do anything for his mum! Also a 13.2hh Chestnut Welsh Cob Sec B mare who I'm bringing on. I'm only 5'3" and weigh 7st 8lbs, so if I can maintain this weight I won't feel bad riding her!
  • dustflyin
    dustflyin Posts: 12
    Options
    I have an almost 14.3 hand little appy gelding that I bought last April. I sold my 16 hand quarter horse mare to buy him and realized that once I had my son last June and sent him off to be broke in September, I needed to lose the baby weight to look a little more proportionate to his body size. Lol! I started training him to run barrels last fall and started hauling him to shows in January. We are running around 2 seconds off of the winning times and the more weight I lose, the lighter the load and the the easier it is for me to ride him and "keep up" with him through our turns. I feel better and ride better now, and love to do a couple miles of long trotting to keep us both in shape! I love meeting and cheering on other horsey people on here, so feel free to add me :)