Any other girls out there miss there period after lossing we

Options
I normally get it on time but i skipped it this month and then someone told me its because i lost about 15lbs in one month and it could be a big change to my body?? is 15lbs too much to lose a month could it realy affect my periods?

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Obviously, I'm no expert on the subject but if your fat intake is too low it can screw up your hormones.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It happened to me once but that was it! It's been very regular since I started to diet and exercise
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    If I recall correctly, my period was a little off when I started losing weight too. It may take your body time to adjust...if it doesn't go back to normal after another month or 2, I would make an apt with your gyno to make sure everything else is ok.
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mine was a week late this month. I was starting to worry! Maybe your body just needs time to adjust?
  • Lauren242010
    Options
    Yes, I am Prior US Army and I went into Basic training at 185 and came out at 156. I lost a TON of weight, and missed my period for about two cycles. This has also happened to me during all three of my deployments for about the same period of time ( two cycles) my Gyno says it's normal, but anything over 4 cycles should be monitored and checked out. Hope this helps you :)
  • bigmomma84
    bigmomma84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    losing a significant amount of weight, especially at a very low calorie intake, can stop your cycles. it's a way for your body to survive... deffinitly let your dr know. you might not be getting the nutrients your body needs. also, for women, when you lose weight, even 10 pounds, your fertility rises, and you get pregant easier... so if you are sexually active, wait a few days, and take a preg. test.
  • Jvdm920
    Jvdm920 Posts: 2
    Options
    yes its normal with excessive exercise. i havent had one in a year and a half
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well I was 3 weeks late last month, this month again 3 weeks to only spot 2 days and thats it! I am hoping mine is menopause though, I am 52. I usually have a heavy 7 day cycle right on time. I see my weight fluxuating alot this month and I seem to be at a plateau. So now I wondering whats up. My blood sugar is a high for me too but thats because I have not exercised as much because of spring break. I have lost 58 lbs and have not missed cylcles except fpr starting new diabetic meds.