Comparing diff. home workouts

Options
I usually go to the gym to do all my workouts, but sometimes I just really want to go home and not worry about the people and not being able to do everything in a decent amount of time. I had a couple of home workout dvds, but I wasn't real fond of them cuz they didn't do a whole lot for me. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try? Or what are your experiences with different workouts at home and what works the best?

Replies

• ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My 2 favs are running in place while watching tv. And free stepping while watching tv. Lol burns some awesome cals :)
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    p90 X is a great workout, but expensive. Supreme 90 day gives similar results without the cost.

Also, I have a Wii, and the Wii Fit Workouts are decent. Not great for a "sole workout" for the day, but great additional movement time.

Good Luck!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    muscle confusion is pretty much bad science.

but p90x does work. I've seen the results. See if you can find a way to get your hands on p90x for free.
    *NOT ILLEGALLY* Maybe a friend will let you borrow theirs.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Supreme 90 Day workout. It's similar to P90X; based on muscle confusion.

what equipment is needed for Supreme 90?
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I just bought a whole bunch of fitness DVD's from biggest loser ( power walk, cardio max and bootcamp). I have started doing the power walk and it each walk is 20 minutes and one mile and you really are sweating by the time you are done if you do it to the max you can. They each cost around 10 dollars at walmart. I also bought Jillian Micheals for beginners frontside and backside for 4 dollars each. I would do a couple of those sessions and you will see some results in the way you feel and you will sweat. It does get up your heart rate which is the important thing. However, I am not in the best of shape with 140 lbs left to lose, so what is challenging for me may not be for you, but I hope these suggestions help someone.
  • beccaboo1021
    Options
    I just do my own workout. I dropped the gym membership for a high quality elliptical, and we already have a nice treadmill and some decent free weights. I might run (either outside or on the TM), do the elliptical, and do a circuit training with the weights and some calesthenics (sp??). The circuit takes me an hour, and I'm a good sweaty mess when I'm done!
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I also do the wii fit, and michael jackson the experience :)