100+ to lose?

Options
hey everybody! i'm looking to add more friends to support and motivate each other through our lifestyle changes! i'm not really super picky about age or anything and i'll add anyone who wants to be friends but i really was hoping to find some more people in their 20s? sometimes i just get to feeling like i'm the only one my age with so much to lose :\

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    you're not alone! i'm 25 and have 150 lbs to lose total. feel free to add me :)
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    I've got 70... 23... happy to support eachother.
  • Jasper5085
    Jasper5085 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!
  • Jasper5085
    Jasper5085 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    oops didnt get to finish my post... but you really aren't alone. I am 25 and want to lose 92lbs!! I just started MFP about a week and a half ago. I LOVE it. I'll add you as a friend so we can chat and motivate each other through this... because I know it can be soo incredibly difficult. And I also look around me and feel like everyone my age is thinner than me. But then I think, hey! I joined MFP, went back to the gym, and am eating better because of this site... so I am on my way to looking like them, and plus.. I still love myself and the person I am inside. Well... anything you need, please feel free to message me!

Kim
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have about 75lbs more i want to lose! i am with you need more motivation!!
  • amandatechie
    Options
    I am 26 and I want to lose at least 65 pounds, maybe more. anyways, you can add me, and I will be able to encourage, and give advice. I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks now, and have lost 12 pounds so far. it is hard, but it is doable. Good Luck!
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    First of all, KUDOS TO YOU!!!
    That's for taking control/responsibility of your health and fitness. That's an incredibly hard step to take, so congratulations. Wish I had done that when I was in my 20s.

I'm 40, so I'm like two 20 year olds; I miss having the energy of a 20 year old. (Really miss the quick recovery time after a tennis match or workout as a 20 something year old.) :)
    Early February I was at 296, and initial goal is to get to around 180. (Target weight doesn't matter much to me as looking good, feeling awesome and being healthy.) Therefore, started off looking to lose 115+ pounds, now I'm looking to lose around 80 more pounds. (I don't know what's going to happen then. Because if I feel this great after losing 35 pounds, imagine how great I'd feel after losing 100+ pounds. )

At first there was doubt about whether or not if this would work. I mean, 115+ pounds, seriously? But as the saying goes, "Q: How do you eat an elephant? A: One bite at a time." So I've been taking it one day at a time, one decision at a time. As each week goes by, I'm making progress. Before you know it, 4 weeks has gone by and your clothes are looser.

I don't think of myself as being on a diet. I just think about it as making healthier choices.
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    thanks, doug! it took me way longer than it should have to get motivated but i'm glad i finally got to this point! i definitely agree with you - taking this one day at a time is the way to do it. i've also been calling it a lifestyle change and not a diet. it makes more sense, i don't want to go back to my old habits once i lose the weight! that just sounds like a disaster. congrats on your accomplishments and good luck getting to your goal! (:
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm not in my 20's anymore, but not by that much. I have about 100 more to go. Feel free to add me.