Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eat Dinner Like A King, Lunch Like A Prince and Dinner Like

MeekMeals
MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
Do you guys agree. For those that do agree, do you follow it, what level of exercise are you on, is it effective for you and let me peek at your diary LOL!!

Replies

• bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Did you mean Breakfast like a King?
  • annarface
    annarface Posts: 77 Member
    Haha yeah I think it's breakfast like a king.
    I don't follow this because I'm just not THAT hungry in the morning, but my lunch and dinner are more or less the same size/calorie count. My breakfast is about 2/3 of that and I make the rest of my calories up with a snack before bed which varies depending on how many I have left. So I don't eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince & dinner like a pauper. I don't think it matters when you eat (not to me, anyway), just that you eat the right foods throughout the day as a whole.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I eat every meal like a king.
    Feels better that way.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Eat Breakfast Like A King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper

I sort of do. I like to have a decent since breakfast that holds me all morning. It usually includes eggs and veggies. Lunch is usually a salad with protein, nuts, veggies of course. And dinner is just protein and a side of veggies.

So yeah, I guess I eat like that.
  • MeekMeals
    MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
    Did you mean Breakfast like a King?

Oh oops LOL!!! I meant Breakfast... Ok revise!!!!!!!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Nope, and that works best for me and my husband who is also healthy/thin.

That being said dinner is not "huge" it's often my homemade chicken stir-fry with some brown rice and lots of veggies, about 300-350 cals but it's our biggest meal of the day.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    ill post it here too. posted from lean gains

10. Myth: "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch a queen, dinner like a pauper."

Truth

Also connected to this saying, is the belief that you should reduce carbs in the evening as they will be less likely to be stored as fat. While this might sound good on paper, there's nothing to support it and a lot that shows it to be wrong.

The strongest argument against this are the numerous studies available on body composition and health after and during Ramadan fasting. This meal pattern of regular nightly feasts has a neutral or positive effect on body fat percentage and other health parameters. This is quite an extreme and telling example. People literally gorge on carbs and treats in the middle of the night to no ill effect. And yet, in the bizarre world of bodybuilding and fitness, people worry whether it's OK to eat 50 grams of carbs in their last meal.

If the scientific data on Ramadan fasting aren't enough, there are plenty of other studies showing no effect on weight loss or weight gain from eating later in the day.

In one study comparing two meal patterns, which involved one group eating more calories earlier in the day and one group eating most calories later in the day, more favorable results were found in the group eating large evening meals. While those who ate more in the AM lost more weight, the extra weight was in the form of muscle mass. The late evening eaters conserved muscle mass better, which resulted in a larger drop in body fat percentage.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    ^^Thanks for posting girl. I knew it was out there somewhere.

You should see the jacked african guys I play soccer with. A lot of them fasted for Ramadan last year. And I was like how are they so freaking muscular when they don't eat.

Then I learned.
    hah