Problems with abdominal workouts???

Options
Ok, so as long as I can remember every time I do an ab workout (sit ups, bicycles, v-ups, etc) my hips pop. It feels almost like they're moving in and out of something. It's not painful, just very uncomfortable and makes me not wanna do any ab exercises. It never happens during any other workout either, just abs. I'm in decent shape. 5'1" 123 lbs 22.7% body fat (still got about 1.7% to lose) but I'm not over weight or completely out of shape. I'm in the military and I haven't seen a doctor, part of me is worrying that they may have concerns about it. Like I said, its not painful just uncomfortable. I have a bad family history of arthritis so that is my only guess as to what it could be.
Anyone have the same problem?
Thoughts about what it could be?
Thanks.

Replies

• MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue. I always have. I saw a chiropractor about it, and she said it wasn't a big deal, but that I should avoid activities that make them pop out (I had to stop going to a belly dancing class for this reason). Mine do it less now than when I was a teenager, but it still happens. Keep trying different types of ab exercises and see if you can find any that don't make your hips pop. Good luck!
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    as much as you don't want to you should see a doctor to make sure nothing is wrong with you. military doctor's aren't so bad. the earlier they check and if they find something possibly the easier it will be to fix.