Number standing still.

PreciousTreasure8117
PreciousTreasure8117 Posts: 66 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Alright. I have been weighing my self once a week. For 2 weeks I have been reading the same. I can't break this number. Any advice?

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    up your cals
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Open your diary so you can get some advice!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Most common advise is up the cals and change up the exercise routine! We all stall, just hang in there, it will happen!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    make sure you are eating back your excerise calories (for a minimum of 1200 cals eaten total). Also watch your sodium intake-stay at the level or below it, drink more water. this is what helped me get past my wall...
  • jahoolie
    jahoolie Posts: 6 Member
    I' m having the exact same challenge. Keeping my calorie intake at 1200 daily. Walking at least 30 minutes each day. More aerobics here and there and weight lifting twice weekly. NO WEIGHT CHANGE. It's been about two months now.

However, my weight training coach says that is quite normal after coming out of a sedentary phase of poor eating and no exercise. My muscles are getting stronger and muscle tissue is heavy! My belly rolls are smaller. As the fat goes away, the strong muscles I'm building will start to show again. My clothes are fitting better and I feel better overall. She says that it will all come together soon. [Can you hear me praying?]

I have been encouraged to not check my weight every day although I still do. I've been told our weight can fluctuate a few pounds each day. If you are going to weigh in daily, make sure you consistently do it at the same time of day. Weekly is supposed to be better for our mental health or so I'm told!

I'm taking a nutrition class this quarter and it's helping me greatly. It's so important to understand what our bodies need, how we process our energy, and how to eat a good mix of CHO, FAT, and PRO. Exercise is absolutely necessary for our overall health and fitness. So even if the weight is not coming off, keep up the good work! With a good diet and exercise, the weight will come off and you will be doing your heart a great service!

You are not alone. Keep posting! We are so lucky to have this network of support.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    I had the same thing happen to me. Here's what I did:

Significantly cut my alcohol intake (even though I was staying at my calorie goal with the drinks)
    Reduced my sodium & drank even more water than I normally do
    When I exercised, I switched up my routine and kept my heart rate in the fat burning zone and not so high in the aerobic zone
    Upped my calories a bit and decreased my exercise a bit (seriously)

The next week I zig zagged my calories, did all of that same stuff above, and finally dropped 2 pounds (even though I had a couple really over calorie days b/c of a wedding).

If you open your diary, we'll be able to give better advice.
  • PreciousTreasure8117
    Thanks for the advice guys. I will try out most of these suggestions and I opened up my diary if you want to view it.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    I notice you're not tracking your sodium or sugar. You may want to track those for a few days to get a feel for how you normally do. If you're eating a lot of sodium (which I suspect you might be, based upon your entries), then your body will retain water like crazy. Good luck!
  • PreciousTreasure8117
    Thanks so much. I did not realize I was eating so much sodium!
This discussion has been closed.